Home Forums Reading Room Yummy Writing

• Yummy Writing

Chaya’la updated 1 month, 1 week ago 5 Members · 5 Posts
  • riva pomerantz

Administrator
    October 14, 2020 at 4:57 pm

This is a short excerpt of a book I bought and read when I was a teen, called Einstein’s Dreams, by Alan Lightman. I am not recommending the book per se (it has a bit of questionable content), but the writing has this amazing, ethereal quality that feels like it caresses you, so I just thought I’d share:Dawn. A salmon fog floats through the city, carried on the breath of the river. The sun waits beyond the Nydegg Bridge, throws its long, reddened spikes along Kramgasse to the giant clock that measures time, illuminates the underside of balconies. Sounds of morning drift through the streets like the smell of bread.YUM!!! 😍

• HappiWriter

October 14, 2020 at 7:31 pm

<p>This is insanely good!! delish!!</p><p>Don’t you ever wonder if you’ll ever be able to do this??</p>

• Fayge Y.

October 15, 2020 at 1:54 pm

<p>I googled the book because I was curious. It does look interesting. I’m putting a number of books on hold at the local library, thinking that if they shut down again I’ll have books for a few months.😎</p><p>Meanwhile, I like food memoirs, among other genres, and I’ve seen some amazing writing. Right now I’m reading Always Home by Fanny Singer (and as you say, I’m not recommending it for various similar reasons) and every sentence is magnificently crafted. It’s a beautiful, enjoyable, but exhausting read.<br></p>

• Fiction Fangirl

October 15, 2020 at 9:13 pm

<p>Thank you Riva for sharing! It’s not like I get to read descriptive writing every day. I’ve mentioned how much I love pretty words because *sigh*….it’s a real art.</p>

• Chaya’la

October 21, 2020 at 7:15 pm

<p>mmm….. I can almost taste it…. So vivid. “Seeing” words is always better than just reading them.</p>

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content