Home Forums Contests YAY! MASTERPIECE CREATIVITY CONTEST!! Details Here! 🌺🌻⭐✨🀩

• YAY! MASTERPIECE CREATIVITY CONTEST!! Details Here! 🌺🌻⭐✨🀩

PassionforWriting updated 3 months ago 7 Members · 10 Posts
  • riva pomerantz

Administrator
    April 19, 2021 at 10:45 am

We’re ramping up the creativity on Masterpiece as we SPRING into enormous creativity and productivity!

Here are the deets, my friends! Beginning TODAY, April 19th, every time you post on Masterpiece, you get one point. (See below for the fine print on what constitutes a “post”. Next thing you know, I’ll be writing car ads.)

Each point/post is worth one raffle ticket.

I will also be awarding BONUS points randomly to posts that I feel add a lot to the community. Important: In the spirit of achdus and mutual success-building, I am also inviting you to NOMINATE certain posts for extra points when you particularly appreciate something that another member has posted. To do so, just reply to the post that you think deserves bonus points and tag me (press the @ sign and choose @riva-pomerantz to tag me!) in your comment. This is going to be super special!

The contest closes on Rosh Chodesh Sivan, May 12th. The raffle will be held, b’ezras Hashem, on Thursday, at which time the lucky winners will be announced. Stay tuned!

Oh, right. You wanna know the PRIZES. Forgot about that! πŸ˜†πŸ€£ (I’m having way too much fun over here, as you can see!) Heeeeeere goes:

FIRST PRIZE: A one-on-one personal mentoring session with Riva for one hour over Zoom ($150 value).

SECOND PRIZE: A one-on-one personal mentoring session with Riva for 1/2 an hour over Zoom ($75 value).

THIRD PRIZE: One of my novels of your choosing, shipped out to you anywhere in the Continental USA, with a personal note included. NOTE: THERE WILL BE THREE WINNERS CHOSEN FOR THIS PRIZE!

But wait! We’ll also have a GRAND PRIZE for the winner who gets the MOST points. And that prize will be….(drumroll, please!): One year FREE membership to Masterpiece! ($120 value)

Okay, seriously, Masterpiecers, these are great prizes, yes, but the biggest prize of all is the opportunity to ramp up your creativity, rekindle your spirit, and get WRITING!!!!

Here are a few other important points:

1. A “post” can be anything from creating a new post to replying to an existing post. It can be about showcasing your work, asking a question, giving advice to another member, giving support/encouragement/gentle critique, etc. The only real criteria for a post to be valid as a point for this contest is that it must be useful/inspiring/contributing in some way to the Masterpiece community. In other words, “I’m giving you a half-hearted thumbs-up emoji so I can get another raffle ticket” posts don’t count! That said, you don’t need to write a whole megillah…unless, of course, you’d like to. Because we love reading (and writing!) megillahs on Masterpiece. Right, ladies? 😊

2. I have asked my developer to try to work on an automated system for keeping track of posts, but until that happens, we’re gonna do things like they did in the alte heim: mit a paper unt, epes, a pencil. And you can walk to school uphill, both ways. So be sure to keep tally of your posts!

3. This contest will be open to all members, both new and old. If you know anyone who would like to join Masterpiece, this is a great time to join us and get in on the fun so be sure to let them know!

4. Of course, you are more than welcome to bow out of this contest if it’s not your thing. On Masterpiece, we’re all about inspiration and encouragement, never about pressure or one-upmanship. We would love to see your posts, or not. Lurkers are always most welcome! ❀

There you have it, my friends.

And…..GO! WRITE AND SHINE, my awesome Masterpiecers!!! I am so excited to see your posts! πŸ‘πŸŒŸπŸ˜βœπŸ”₯

• Chaya S

April 19, 2021 at 6:08 pm

Ahhh!! So excited @rivariva !!! This looks like a partyyyπŸŽ‰πŸ˜œ!!!

• HappiWriter

April 20, 2021 at 2:14 pm

Yay @rivapomerantz!! This sounds like fuuun!

• Drop-a-line

April 20, 2021 at 4:16 pm

Three cheers for contests!!!
    MASTERPIECES
    WATCH OUT
    HERE COMES
    the month of inspiration

ExclamationExclamationExclamation

• Sarah

April 20, 2021 at 5:31 pm

@rivariva, thank you! This is very exciting!

• PassionforWriting

April 20, 2021 at 9:58 pm

Wow, wow, wow!!!

This sounds AMAZING, Riva!!!

I’m so super excited-I already have 2 tickets (2 posts!!) πŸ˜…

• Chaya S

April 20, 2021 at 10:50 pm

Okay… i am LOVING all the action on Masterpiece these days🀣 Just came on the website, and see almost 25- 30… something like that posts!!!! Look what a little motivation does for people!!!πŸ’–πŸ™ƒ

• PassionforWriting

April 21, 2021 at 10:11 pm

So true!!! I almost can’t keep up with it all, lol!

• Shev

April 21, 2021 at 2:06 am

Sounds like great motivation to me! Thanks so much!

• PassionforWriting

April 25, 2021 at 5:23 pm

By the way, I realized that a good way to keep track of your points, would be to go to “activity,” and scroll to where you see your username and count the amount of times it’s there.

Maybe that’ll work for you all πŸ™‚

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to content