Home Forums Tip of the Day writing scared

• writing scared

Elisheva updated 1 year ago 5 Members · 6 Posts
  • HappiWriter

July 20, 2020 at 6:27 pm
  • A Willing Pen

July 21, 2020 at 10:14 am

Something about the intro is making me grin. Looking forward to reading the whole thing! Thanks for sharing Happi.

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    July 21, 2020 at 10:53 am

This looks great, Happi! 🙂 Thanks so much for posting!

• Jane Whittier

July 21, 2020 at 1:39 pm

I can’t say that I agree.  That much adreneline can’t be healthy.  Jane Austen only wrote six books because she died young.

I do agree that you shouldn’t write again a book you have already written. But lots of people are still trying to write their first, or just get a story or article published, and I don’t think they have to worry because they don’t get ulcers when they sit down at the keyboard. The kind of visceral feeling Ms. Weiland describes is more likely to create writer’s block than great literature.

Sincerely,

Jane

• HappiWriter

July 21, 2020 at 1:48 pm

True, Jane.

Starting a writing project generally means committing to slug through the grind. It’s never pumping adrenaline all the time.
    What I took from this post is the message to push the bar just a little – to do something you’ve never done before. Even when you feel like giving up, keep moving, keep growing. Soon you’ll look back and be astounded by your accomplishments.

• Elisheva

July 21, 2020 at 2:17 pm

This is true about life in general. Don’t stay in your comfort zone!

That said, anxiety is not a good thing…

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to content