Home Forums Announcements Whoops–I’m Blond! :-)

Tagged: ,

• Whoops–I’m Blond! :-)

Fiction Fangirl updated 5 months, 1 week ago 10 Members · 16 Posts
  • riva pomerantz

Administrator
    June 7, 2020 at 12:59 pm

Just got this email from a very astute Masterpiece member:

—- On Sun, 07 Jun 2020 15:35:54 +0300 M wrote —-

Hi,

Thanks for this lovely site. I am really enjoying it. Is the contest over on Tuesday night or Wednesday? Seems a bit confusing.

Anyway, thanks for the push to get some writing done. I hope these three days, produce something I can be proud of.

Um, whoops!

Here’s my response to her–and to all of you, just to clarify:

Oish! Great catch, M! 🙂 Can you tell I’m blond?

It’s a FOUR day contest, ending Wednesday at midnight, and you send in your results on Thursday. I will correct it to the site, and please feel free to point out any other feedback to me always!! lol!

And just in case you missed the email last night, here’s the deets:

Mazel Tov! Masterpiece is 1 Month Old!
    And I’m throwing a cool contest to celebrate!

I don’t know about you, but I have never seen such a talented, energetic group of like-minded women gather together with so much enthusiasm, warmth, and passion. I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it.

Now, I promised you contests, and I’m as good as my word. To celebrate Masterpiece’s one-month birthday, I’m doing a FREE GIVEAWAY, and the prize is valued at $100!!

Here’s how it works:
    1. Timeline

This special birthday contest will be held over FOUR days, beginning on Sunday, June 7th and ending at midnight EST on Wednesday, June 9th. It is open to all Masterpiece members and anyone can win.

2. Participate

All you need to do is participate on Masterpiece in whichever way you’d like. Write a new post, introduce yourself, reply to someone’s post, or show us your work. The more you post, the greater your chances of winning! (Helpful, quality posts only, of course!)
    3. Track Your Stats

Keep a record for yourself of every post you’ve done in these 3 days. On Thursday, June 10th, I’ll send you a link to the page where you’ll send in your final post count. Your name will be entered into a raffle as many times as you posted!

4. The Prize

One lucky winner will be selected to receive a personal, 40-minute mastermind coaching consult with Riva (a $100 value!). The winner will be announced on Thursday, June 10th! And it could be YOU! 🙂
    Ready, Set, and….GO!

Let’s write & shine!

• Esther

June 7, 2020 at 1:05 pm

What time did it start?  Saturday @ midnight?

Does it include private messages?

• Leahle

June 7, 2020 at 3:25 pm

did it start EST time – or can I Count my Posts from Motze Shabbos swiss time??

So excited!

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      June 10, 2020 at 6:44 pm

Good question, Leahle! We’ll let everyone count their posts from when they received their email about it until midnight Eastern Standard Time. That gives everyone in all time zones the same advantage!

• Word Warrior

June 7, 2020 at 9:08 pm

Speaking of blonde- I actually didn’t expect you to look the way you do, Riva 🙂 It’s always funny how we build misconceptions based on random scraps of information we ascribe to people as we cross their paths..

Although I know this will now open up the question, What DID you think I looked like? I didn’t really think about it… Just, not how you look, I guess 🙂

You look so blonde and young and peppy and fun 🙂 Like a real person! LOL. I think that’s what it is…I didn’t think Riva Pomerantz could actually be REAL.

Ok, I’ll stop 🙂

Does this count as a post? Haha…1 🙂

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      June 10, 2020 at 6:43 pm

Whoops–I didn’t subscribe to this post so didn’t get notifications that there were replies, so just seeing this now. I get this all the time, WW!! I really do wonder how people DID envision me, but of course they’re too polite to tell me, ahem :-). Yep, I’m a real person, believe it or not! You pretty much summed me up in the peppy, fun part (though I AM 42, b”H!)–good job, my friend! 🙂 I know what you’re saying, though. There’s an aura and a persona that we automatically attach to people who are famous or “out there” which seems to clash massively with an actual image of them. I definitely get that!

And isn’t this mug so cool? My hubby surprised me with it! He’s also a real person, btw! 🙂

Total post count, for sure!!! 🙂 Extra points if you say I look skinny! 🙂

• Word Warrior

June 10, 2020 at 9:32 pm

Haha I’m so behind on my posts!

Classic me catching up on a deadline lol. Great way to boost our activity, this.

So yeah, I’m not going to believe the 42 statement, but I will take you literally and get an extra post: “You look really skinny!”

Where can I buy a mug 🙂

And, I think if I think about it, I imagined you dark with a perfectly coiffed shaitel (was this a description you used for one of your characters? Sorry, I gave it to you) and I assumed you wouldn’t be this approachable, friendly and easy to talk to. You’re right, probably the mysterious aura famous person vibe.

Someone on the nshei is selling your book Enough 🙂 I’m like, I KNOW HER! HA!

Points for me 🙂

You know-not contest points. Just general life points 🙂

• C.B. Weinfeld

June 8, 2020 at 4:19 am

Mazel tov, Riva, on your wonderful new community. What a masterpiece, excuse the pun!  I am so thrilled to have a source like this…we’ve all been waiting a long time. can’t wait to see what else you’ve got in store!!

thanks for inviting me to join. Looking forward to doing great things together

C.B. Weinfeld

a.k.a. (Chaya Silber in the Ami)

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      June 10, 2020 at 6:45 pm

Thanks, C.B.! You are so kind! 🙂

• Ronda Stoller Wunsch

June 9, 2020 at 11:19 pm

I feel excluded. I am a brunette and make these types of mistakes all the time. I just call it a brain blip since I am too young to call it a senior moment and my kids are too old to call it mommy brain.

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      June 10, 2020 at 6:48 pm

No, no, Ronda. “Blond” is a state-of-mind–you can be brunette-blond if you’d like. For a small fee, I could even have an official Certificate of Blondness made up for you. If I can remember where I keep those certificates, that is :-).

• Esther Kurtz

June 10, 2020 at 11:36 pm

Brunettes with Blonde qualities are called pineapples ? 😉 .

• Pickupapen

June 10, 2020 at 11:43 pm

Excuse me but I think this is the first time I’ve ever heard this ‘blonde’ idea. Is this an American thing? Or am I just uneducated?

(p.s. I have heard certain characteristics ascribed to redheads but never to blondes!)

• Esther

June 11, 2020 at 4:26 am

Hey, I also want  mug!  Or a T-shirt…

BTW – how do I find the emojis over here?

• Anagrammer

June 11, 2020 at 5:47 am

Pickupapen – A ‘blonde moment’ is when someone does something really dumb (often used in jokes – “there was once 3 blondes…”). And yeah, it’s an American thing 😉

And yes, Esther, I second that – where are the emojis (on a laptop)? Maybe only works when you have it on your personal keypad?

• Fiction Fangirl

June 22, 2020 at 6:11 pm

C. B. Weinfeld!  AKA Chaya Silber!

Wow.  Honor to write alongside you in the community 🙂

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content