Home2 Forums Life: Processing Our Thoughts & Feelings White as Snowflakes

• White as Snowflakes

• Bookworm

December 2, 2020 at 11:57 pm

Hi!

I just had the following thought. It’s a scary thought but at the same time inspires me. Please let me know what you think!

White as Snowflakes

This was meant to be a poem, but I had a thought and I saw that it’s a little complicated to share it in poetry form, so I will just speak out my thoughts:

A little snowflake is floating in the air and is coming down. At first, people enjoy the snow, and they throw the little snowflake and his friends, the other snowflakes, up in the air. But at some point everyone starts getting tired of it. The snowflake and his friends only get stamped on by peoples feet. The snowflake is upset and tired. He can’t be bothered anymore. He wants to give up. But he knows that he can’t just disappear. He has to stay until he is told that he can go. His color remains white until it has to melt.

We all come down to this world pure and with a white Neshama. In the first years, everyone enjoys are presence and throw us up in the air. But sometimes, it happens to a person, that people start getting tired of him. We are getting stamped on by people and situations. We get upset, and we can’t be bothered to continue on. But we know, that Hashem has sent us all down with a mission, and we can’t just give up before He says that it’s done. We remain pure and white even though our Yetzer Hara often gets the better of us. There are no black snowflakes!

May Hashem give us all a lot of strength to survive and thrive in our challenges easily!

• Writer123

December 3, 2020 at 12:38 am

Wow!! Thank you for sharing, Bookworm!

I agree that it’s a scary thought, but also comforting because no matter what we do, we are still a white snowflake at our core!

• HappiWriter

December 3, 2020 at 2:05 am

Wow Bookworm.

such an interesting metaphor. Wow, I never thought of things this way.

• Anagrammer

December 3, 2020 at 2:13 am

I love this! I get a high from these metaphorical associations…. especially when they ‘work out’ like this one. Oh, the ‘mashals’ of life!

• PassionforWriting

December 3, 2020 at 2:19 am

Wow wow!!!

This is such an interesting perspective, Bookworm!

I see how it’s scary, but it can also be encouraging bc no matter how much pain and challenge that snowflake went through, and no matter how many people trampled on us, we still remain “white.” Obviously, this is very hard to internalize, but it can give us encouragement, that, no, we are amazing! Because we are!

• Bookworm

December 5, 2020 at 5:15 pm

Thank you all for your comments!

The idea originally was from a Mashal which I heard more than once, about a money note which got squashed and tramped on but still had the same worth. But I wanted to write about snowflakes. Probably because it just snowed here 🙂

• A Willing Pen

December 6, 2020 at 5:39 pm

Gorgeous! What a poignant thought, Bookworm, and so beautifully expressed.

I prefer the snowflake mashal way more than the dollar bill one. I can feel the purity, see the whiteness – it’s a better fit.

• Shaindy

December 16, 2020 at 2:39 pm

What a beautiful thought and great metaphor! How many times have I seen snowflakes and yet this never occurred to me. It just got me thinking how all of creation is out there waiting for us to take notice. Thank you bookworm, for giving me such incredible food for thought!

• Fayge Y.

December 16, 2020 at 10:13 pm

I’m going to research Tehillim 147:16 and get back to you, iyH.

• Rochel Solomon

December 18, 2020 at 3:27 am

I love the metaphor. There is such innocence to a snowflake that cannot be ignored despite the dirtiness of the world it falls into. The sentiment is all too real, the neshama does get stamped on but its purity remains intact. Awesome job!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to content