Home Forums Humor Weighing In

• Weighing In

YoungMom updated 2 weeks, 6 days ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Red Pen

January 2, 2022 at 10:36 pm

This is my “pass the mic”-type story from three perspectives:

In a cozy little house on a quiet little street in a bustling little city, there lived a handsome little scale.
    The scale lived under a sturdy little sink of a functional little bathroom. It lived a contented little life in its cozy little hidey-hole under the bathroom sink.
    It enjoyed hearing the swish-swish of teeth being brushed, the drip-drip of the faucet and the whoosh as water raced down the sink pipes. Some mornings it even heard the song of happy little birds wafting in through an open window.
    But the scale’s very favourite time of day was right before bed-time. That’s when his friend would show up! He could hear her take a deep breath and then she would open the cupboard door and grab the happy little scale from his hiding spot under the sink.
    Then, with another deep breath she would step onto his sturdy little back and wait.
    Oh, this part was lots of fun!
    With a click and a clack his needle would set off spinning back and forth until it settled on one of the lovely numbers printed clearly on his happy little face.
    Oh, this is exciting, thought the scale, this is a NEW number today. I get to show off a number that my friend has never seen before! Won’t she be happy! I like this game.
    But she didn’t look very happy, and she didn’t sound very happy as she picked the scale up a bit too roughly, put it back in the cupboard and closed the door with a frustrated little sigh.

Down the hall from the handsome little scale, in that same cozy little house on a quiet little street in the bustling little city, there lived a healthy little body. There were many things that the healthy body loved to do. It enjoyed stretching its arms out wide with a big yawn as it got out of bed in the morning. It enjoyed the soft, tickley scrub-scrub of the toothbrush bristles on its teeth, and it liked to bounce a little in glee as it walked down the stairs and to the kitchen to eat breakfast. Oh, breakfast – that was something that the healthy, happy body loved most of all!
    It wanted pancakes with syrup and French toast and omelettes and sweet, juicy fruits. But most of the time the happy little body wasn’t allowed to eat all of its favourite things. Much of the time, what the body got to eat for breakfast was a grapefruit, cut in two. Hmmm, the body thought, grapefruits are nice, too. But maybe next time I’ll get to eat some of my other favourite things.
    Then it was rush-rush-rush and out the door. Wow, thought the body, look at how fast I can go when I need to!
    It was fun to rush and run, but the body also liked to slow down as it walked so it could listen to the chirp-chirp of birds and feel the crunch-crunch of autumn leaves underfoot.
    But the body’s very favourite thing to do as it walked was to look in the store windows. It liked the displays of pretty clothes – too expensive to ever own! – but most of all it loved seeing its best friend in the whole wide world right there reflected in every window it passed!
    Look at that girl, thought the body, look at how lovely and vibrant and healthy she looks!
    Hey look how her hair bounces to the rhythm of every step I take: step-bounce, skip-flounce. Look at how rosy her cheeks look in the fresh air and how her face lights up with a happy smile.
    But huh, thought the body, she doesn’t look very happy and she doesn’t sound very happy – as his friend gave a disheartened little sigh – I wonder what ever could be wrong?

Inside of the healthy little body that lived down the hall from the happy little scale in the cozy little house on a quiet little street in a busy little town, there lived a lovely young lady.
    There were very many things that the young lady loved. She loved her busy little days and she loved her evenings spent relaxing in her favourite little comfy cozy chair with a good book. But the young lady’s absolutely LEAST favourite time of day was right before bed. That’s when she would yank her dreaded little scale out of his scary little spot under the ominous bathroom sink.
    Then with her breath held and her eyes scrunched, she would step on his wobbly little back and watch the cruel little needle whir and spin, back and forth, back and forth.
    Oh no, she thought as the needle settled a fraction of a line farther than yesterday, how absolutely terrible!
    Ugh, thought the young lady with a sigh, the scale hates me.
    In the mornings, the lovely young lady would wake up with a sleepy little yawn and a creaky little stretch. Her morning routine would rush by in a blur as her mind prepared for the day ahead, hardly even noticing the toothbrush in her hand as she scrubbed it across her teeth.
    Then it was rush-rush-rush and out the door.
    Can I never go fast enough, thought the young lady as she checked her watch nervously, why does my body have to move so slowly?
    As she rushed out the door and down the street, she would do her best to avoid the glaring store-front display windows. Why do I have to see my reflection everywhere I look? she thought as she tried to hurry past.
    Look at that double chin, thought the lovely young lady, and look how pudgy my cheeks are getting, she sighed. She felt a little grumble in her belly as she walked past the display of pastries in the bakery window.
    I’d be happy if I never ate a pastry again, thought the determined young lady, grapefruits are my favourite food, I don’t even like pastries, she confirmed. But her stomach rumbled in disagreement.
    Ugh, thought the young lady, why does my body hate me?

• YoungMom

January 3, 2022 at 2:56 am

Cute!! 🤣🤣

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Terms & Agreement

I affirm that I am known in my community to be a frum woman and I will adhere to all the rules and guidelines of this community. I understand that Masterpiece has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism, flaming, snide remarks, trolling, stalking, or the debate of religious or political issues and all other items specified in our Terms & Conditions. Failure to comply with these rules will result in termination of your account without a refund.

Terms & Agreement

I affirm that I am known in my community to be a frum woman and I will adhere to all the rules and guidelines of this community. I understand that Masterpiece has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism, flaming, snide remarks, trolling, stalking, or the debate of religious or political issues and all other items specified in our Terms & Conditions. Failure to comply with these rules will result in termination of your account without a refund.

MONTHLY PLAN

Billed monthly
$15
$ 10
Per Month
  • Unlimited Access to all Forums
  • 24/6 Support
  • Free Admission to Exclusive Events
  • Showcase your Work
  • Hang out with the biggest names in frum writing!
  • Flex Payment
  • Money-Back Guarantee for up to 1 week after signup
Popular

ANNUAL PLAN

Billed in a single payment
$180
$ 100
Annually
  • Unlimited Access to all Forums
  • 24/6 Support
  • Free Admission to Exclusive Events
  • Showcase your Work
  • Hang out with the biggest names in frum writing!
  • Money-Back Guarantee for up to 1 week after signup
  • Get 2 Months FREE! PLUS, Lock in your LOW Price!

How can we help?

Need help? Send us a message below and we will get back to you shortly.

Have you watched our Tutorial video yet? Please note some design features have changed since the Tutorial was created.

Skip to content