Home Forums Can I Get Your Feedback? Undiscovered Artist

• Leahle

June 17, 2020 at 8:53 pm

• Leahle

June 17, 2020 at 8:53 pm

• Leahle

June 17, 2020 at 8:55 pm

I don’t know why, but my Computer only lets me post one Picture at a time  – so here are both pages of the Poem!

I love all my writings, but this one has a Special place in my heart – I somehow connect to it most…

• Sury

June 17, 2020 at 10:15 pm

Wow – this poem is so profound and deep, Leahle! beautiful poem!!

It seems like you know lots about art – you must be a talented artist 🙂

• Leahle

June 18, 2020 at 1:00 pm

I actually don’t know anything About art…. It’s just something I felt…

Thanks anyways!!!

• Blessed

June 17, 2020 at 10:52 pm

Hi, I really like this poem.  I think you are you saying abstract art can say so much but is so hard to understand, and therefore sometimes unloved – therefore that is the type of art that ?? I’m not 100% sure of the lesson and I would like to understand it. It’s intriguing. Thanks!

• Fayge Y.

June 18, 2020 at 12:16 am

My initial reading is, there are a lot of people who live their lives painting by number. But that’s not life at its fullest.

• Elisheva Halle

June 18, 2020 at 1:28 am

I love how you put your poems on a picture…very creative!

It sounds like you’re saying that a person shouldn’t be afraid to produce art even if others don’t understand it, am I correct?

• Anagrammer

June 18, 2020 at 3:27 am

Gorgeous! I took it to mean that abstract art is the biggest expression of self because it is not according to the ‘rules’. Since it is so individual, it is unloved, yet the artist should treasure it as a piece of his innermost self. And to learn to appreciate the abstract art within each other…

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    June 18, 2020 at 11:57 am

So beautiful, Leahle, and you obviously write from a place very deep and passionate within your heart and art.

You posted this under Critique; was there something specific you wanted to ask about? Since you have shared so much of your profound poetry with us, I have a question for you: Do you ever feel that an idea will be better expressed through non-rhyming poetry because the words will only be restricted by the need to rhyme?

• Leahle

June 18, 2020 at 12:50 pm

Wow! I like everyone’s interpertation. What I really had in mind was that even though we may be blessed with some Talents which we don’t recognize or develope, they have been granted to us for a reason. The reason is to “paint the Abstract art with the paint brush and serve the master of all Art!” In the end of the Poem I wrote how the next step is to recognize that every single Person posesses such a “paint brush” and we must appreciate each Person for who he is!

• Leahle

June 18, 2020 at 12:57 pm

And to your Questions Riva:

1. I just wanted some more Feedback than I got on my other Poems so I thought I’d post it somewhere where People are asked to Reply…

2. I don’t really write professionally and never actually learnt how to do that – I just know the types of Poem when there is a rhyming flow – I don’t know any other type of Poem or how to write that…

No I don’t feel restricted because I write what naturally Comes out – I am not Forced to write so it’s just naturally what the pen lets out…

• Leahle

June 18, 2020 at 12:58 pm

All your replies Show that this Poem is an Abstract art – because in everyone it differently spiked!

All your interpertations are something I had in mind and all together gives the whole Picture!!!

• Fayge Y.

June 18, 2020 at 1:18 pm

[quote quote=19034]So beautiful, Leahle, and you obviously write from a place very deep and passionate within your heart and art. You posted this under Critique; was there something specific you wanted to ask about? Since you have shared so much of your profound poetry with us, I have a question for you: Do you ever feel that an idea will be better expressed through non-rhyming poetry because the words will only be restricted by the need to rhyme?[/quote]

I’m not Leahle but I’m going to answer.

I write poetry and I must find some to share. I like rhyming. I like the structure and it helps things flow by being forced to rhyme. The challenge is, the rhyme shouldn’t feel forced. I recently heard a song for a certain institution and I started yelling at the computer at a rhyme that forced accenting the wrong syLAble. (You know what I mean.)

I tend to check Masterpiece last on the time I give myself online which leaves me with not enough time to share or give the consideration to others’ writing. IyH I want to change that.

• Anagrammer

June 18, 2020 at 2:35 pm

Fayge, I’m with you on the ‘not rhymes’. I abhor them. Personally, I would prefer a poem that doesn’t rhyme at all to one that accents the wrong sylLAble.

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    June 18, 2020 at 3:09 pm

What I’m loving about this beautiful thread is this:

1. Leahle’s creativity comes from such a place of joy and wonder, this gorgeous, pure enthusiasm to put out her creativity to the Masterpiece world, which I am finding so delicious.

2. How a picture is worth a thousand words and every reader took a different facet and interpreted the poem to mean something else.

3. How Leahle supports every reaction and interpretation with so much grace and ease, even if it doesn’t necessarily resonate with her original intent in writing the poem.

I designed Masterpiece to be a space for every woman who writes, no matter where they are on their journey and where they want to get to. In a sense, this thread is almost a microcosm of the Masterpiece experience and it’s giving me tremendous nachas to read it. Thank you, everyone!

One other point: Leahle says that she decided to list this thread under Can I Get Your Feedback? because when she posted under Showcase, she found she wasn’t getting as many replies. So a couple of thoughts there:

To the readers: We all love acknowledgment. With that in mind, even a quick, “Wow!” or “I love it!” or “This really touched me!” goes a long way.

To the writers: Never let a lack of enthusiastic response indicate for you the success of your piece. Many of us (myself definitely included!) are so busy that often the lack of feedback comes from a purely technical place and not because your piece isn’t amazing. Even so, it’s always fine to give a gentle nudge (which also serves to get the piece back into the sweet spot of the Community page where more people can see it!) and respond to your own post by saying, “Hey, guys! I’d love to know what you thought of this, if you have a sec!” 🙂

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content