Home2 Forums Confidence Too personal to post

• Too personal to post

riva pomerantz updated 5 months, 3 weeks ago 6Members · 9 Posts
  • straightfromtheheart

July 21, 2020 at 1:40 pm

Hey, everyone.

I recently joined masterpiece and am really enjoying reading all your writings…

I have a very personal poem that I wrote, but each time I login to post it I chicken out (Even though i am totally under a pen name, I still think I will feel too exposed) Any advice on how to go about it? Should I not post it at all or just go for it?

• HappiWriter

July 21, 2020 at 1:59 pm

It’s really about your comfort level and how personal the poem is. Is it about a very specific topic or is it more abstract? If you feel like you’ll regret it, don’t post. Also, do you think anyone is going to find out who you are?

Personally, I don’t feel comfortable posting very personal stuff, but others do, and it’s great!
    In truth, anything you’ve written – even if it’s not a personal topic – is exposing a very deep part of you.

Good luck! 🙂

• Elisheva Halle

July 21, 2020 at 2:14 pm

That’s the tough part about being a writer- ‘words that come from the heart enters the heart’- good writing usually is exposing something personal, in one way or another…

That said, maybe you’re just not ready to share that piece of you yet. There is something to cherishing something personal to yourself before letting it out into the world…

Maybe soon you’ll feel ready, and I can’t wait to see it!

• Bookworm

July 21, 2020 at 2:35 pm

I dont know what topic your poem is about, but if you feel its appropriate to share with everyone here then why not? But its all up to you. No one pressures you. I dont think that this is a decision which can totally be taken from you. That is my opinion at least…

Best regards,
    Bookworm

• straightfromtheheart

July 21, 2020 at 8:12 pm

Thank you for your  amazing replies everyone! It is a very personal topic so I will hold on to it for a bit and start posting other stuff…

• Fiction Fangirl

July 21, 2020 at 9:02 pm

Maybe create a special box where you can add all of your personal ‘too terrified to share with others’ kinda writings/poems?  That way you create a safe space for your stuff and can always go back and read it.  I think storing your personal things in a personal space gives it that medium of acknowledgment without exposing yourself to others if you’re feeling vulnerable or uncomfortable.  Just a thought!

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    July 21, 2020 at 10:13 pm

Straightfromtheheart, I am always happy to post anonymously for anyone who’s uncomfortable posting under their screenname. And you can even create an anonymous email account and send it to me so I’ll never EVER know who you are (even though I am SUPER discreet, just saying!!). I feel like I’ve never had the opportunity to formally welcome you so….WELCOME! 🙂 So glad you’re here! And just putting out there that I am very comfortable with receiving raw, deep, personal posts.

• straightfromtheheart

July 27, 2020 at 2:49 pm

Thank you Riva, I’m so honored to be here… I am a huge fan of yours!!

I just might take you up on your offer.

Thanks,

straightfromtheheart

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      July 28, 2020 at 3:22 am

Heart icon goes here 🙂 So happy to have you here, Straightfromtheheart!! 🙂

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to content