Home2 Forums Tip of the Day Surprise! A Little Video Clip Thought of the Day for You! :-)

• Surprise! A Little Video Clip Thought of the Day for You! :-)

riva pomerantz updated 6 months, 3 weeks ago 7 Members · 11 Posts
  • riva pomerantz

Administrator
    September 14, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Enjoy! πŸ™‚ Click hereΒ to watch!

Let me know if it helps you!

• Fayge Y.

September 14, 2020 at 8:09 pm

Thanks!

• Fiction Fangirl

September 15, 2020 at 12:53 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

*squeal*

Did I mention I love seeing you?Β  Seeing you share behind-the-scenes writerly advice?Β  And the secret sauce behind your new story?

Also, the gorgeous hair accessory is worth mentioning.

I am thrilled to hear that your new story is leaning toward a character-driven arc.Β  With universal themes!Β  I am intensely intrigued.

Eagerly awaiting another surprise video,

Fiction Fangirl

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      September 15, 2020 at 10:25 pm

Gosh, it’s worth making these videos if only for your delicious reaction, FF. And let’s face it: hairbands are just the best, hands down! πŸ™‚

Yeah, this is a cool story, b’ezras Hashem. Wrote the first chapter last night. It’s a very interesting exploration. You’ll see what you think. Teaser should be coming out next week.

And now that we’re chatting, fabulous FF, how’s YOUR plot coming along?

• Fiction Fangirl

September 18, 2020 at 12:27 am

Hairbands are the best, but the woman behind them takes the cake 😍.

What was it like writing your first chapter for the new serial?Β  I’ve been wondering what it’s like for you to be writing this time around with Masterpiece up and running.Β  How are you juggling both?Β  I hope we can be a support for you!

Aw, so sweet of you to ask about my story!Β  I’m going nice and slow as I’ve been trying to learn about my protagonist, her desire, and what’s keeping her back from getting what she wants on an internal and external level.Β  I’ve been trying to use the enneagram to better understand my protagonist.Β  Do you ‘type’ your characters?

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      September 22, 2020 at 7:43 pm

FF, love the enthusiasm; on all counts! πŸ™‚ Masterpiece is my treat, not my job, so it’s definitely not an impediment to writing a serial. Writing the first chapter….well, THAT is a big deal!! After I do some very important procrastinating, which is well-warranted considering the magnitude of what I am about to do…namely rope myself in to a plotline and cast of characters for the next year or so ;-)…. I daven a lot, take a deep breath, and WRITE! Of course, the procrastination is moderately basted with creative process (or at least I like to think so!) as I try to get to know my characters and thereby my plotline (hence the video I created! :-)) which paves the way for writing that first chapter. I’d like to say the rest is all downhill, but, um, there’s also Chapter 2 to write…and 3 and 4 :-). B’ezras Hashem! I live dangerously ;-).

• PassionforWriting

September 15, 2020 at 3:17 am

Riva!!! First, it’s so good “seeing” you even in a video! Your warmth, cheery face is always such a treat πŸ™‚

Second, I’m amazing at how fast you’re working/going and iyH producing your 13th novel! Wow! I’m really intrigued since you said that it’s not about mental health, but it’s about the human experience. I know, sometimes, I look at everything with lens of mental health, so what else could you be writing about? lol πŸ˜‰

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    September 15, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Awww, Passion, you’re so sweet! Thank you for such a yummy reaction :-). Of course the human experience is very much related to mental health, but when I said what I said, I meant that this story is within the bounds of what could be called “normative” struggles, ie. while the characters will face difficulties, they will not need to seek professional help to solve them. Not to detract from the tremendous value of seeking professional help, of course, this is just a different kind of story.

Hope y’all enjoy! πŸ™‚ BTW, I’ve been getting tons of questions about when I’m starting a new serial, but you marvelous Masterpiecers are the first to know about this. Shhhh…it’s a secret! πŸ™‚

• Bookworm

September 15, 2020 at 10:45 pm

Two thumbs up for your video! (Sorry, but I don’t know how to do this as an emoji… Is it a “P” the other way around and on its head?)
    Thanks for the info! Will surely use it at some point!
    Xx

• HappiWriter

September 17, 2020 at 7:05 pm

Love the video!!

Great to see behind the scenes!

Character, backstory and motivation β€” my favorites!

Can’t wait to read the serial πŸ™‚

• Elisheva

September 18, 2020 at 1:40 am

Thank you Riva for sharing! It’s so true- we must know what it is our hero wants and why…

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to content