Home Forums Poetry Sukkos under lockdown

• Sukkos under lockdown

PassionforWriting updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 7 Members · 11 Posts
  • Chagit

October 8, 2020 at 5:37 am

<p>They say we can’t go far</p><p>Or visit other’s homes</p><p>They warn us to remain</p><p>Within restricted zones</p><p><br></p><p>They say a mask’s a must</p><p>Covering ones face</p><p>They limit our meetings</p><p>Within a closed in space</p><p><br></p><p>They try to quell our joy</p><p>In every shape and form</p><p>But nothing can put us down</p><p>Within our walls we’re warm</p>

• Rochel Solomon

October 8, 2020 at 5:46 am

Oooh I LOVE this. It’s always the shorter poems that packs the punch! Phenomenal job!

• Sury

October 8, 2020 at 9:51 am

Love this, Chagit! So poignant… great rhyming scheme!

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    October 8, 2020 at 2:43 pm

Love this, @Chagit. I was just telling my husband this today. It’s one of my most special Sukkoses (is that a plural plural? :-)) ever because there’s no pressure to run around and “do things”!

• Brocha

October 8, 2020 at 3:08 pm

<p>Chagit this poem is… is… is… I lovvvve it. The message, the rhythm, the message, the rhyme, the message, the repetition, the message…</p><p>And I love the message!</p>

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    October 8, 2020 at 3:17 pm

test

• PassionforWriting

October 8, 2020 at 3:48 pm

Wow wow!! Absolutely beautiful! I love love the last line – where no one can take away our true Simcha’s Yontif!

• Chagit

October 8, 2020 at 3:55 pm

<p>Thanks all!</p><p>Would anyone be so kind to explain to the non-tech savvy how to get poetry formatted correctly?</p>

• PassionforWriting

October 8, 2020 at 10:51 pm

Yes, I would also like to know how to format my poems so they look like appealing to the eye 😉

• Anagrammer

October 8, 2020 at 6:50 pm

<p>Chagit, this is gorgeous. Is “within our walls” a sukkah reference? </p><p>This is so, so true, and you wrote it so beautifully… </p>

• Chagit

October 8, 2020 at 7:51 pm

<p>Within our walls is indeed a reference to the sukkah…</p><p>Thanks for the feedback:)</p>

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content