Home2 Forums Life: Processing Our Thoughts & Feelings Something on my mind recently…

• Something on my mind recently…

• Anagrammer

September 13, 2020 at 11:31 pm

Life has a way of moving on before you’re ready for it to. Sometimes you feel like you’re chasing after a
    train that’s only traveling further and further away from you, its speeding exceeding yours by the
    doubles and triples in a matter of mere seconds. “Wait!” you want to scream. But you might as well be
    mute, invisible, insignificant in the grand scheme of the train’s route. Nothing you say or do, no matter
    how loud or hard you say and do it, can turn that speeding train around.

So there life goes, racing down a railroad track, whether or not you are on board. You can choose to
    stand back and watch as the train fades off into the distance without you. However, the only way to
    reach your destination and to enjoy the scenery along the way is to hop aboard and slip through those
    closing doors just before the train pulls away. Sit back in your seat and let the Conductor take you along
    for the glorious ride of life, for whatever ups and downs and twists and turns the journey may entail.

Sometimes you may want to turn around and look behind you, to marvel at how far you’ve come and at
    how many milestones you’ve passed. But most of the time, you will just want to look forward and take
    in the vast array of opportunities unfolding before you.

• HappiWriter

September 14, 2020 at 12:42 am

This is so true! I was actually just thinking of a similar idea.

I’ll post it — if I ever get a chance to write it…

• PassionforWriting

September 14, 2020 at 1:28 am

Beautiful! kind of reminds me of mindfulness 🙂

• A Willing Pen

September 14, 2020 at 1:33 am

Love this. So much depth, and so beautifully expressed. Gorgeous. Thanks, Anagrammer.

• Anagrammer

September 14, 2020 at 2:32 pm

Thanks for reading and commenting, HappiWriter, Passion, and Sherry! Happi, I’m waiting to see your thoughts ;).

And, by the way, feedback welcome – negative/positive… About the writing itself or the theme. Thanks, all.

• Sury

September 14, 2020 at 6:19 pm

Thanks for putting it into words so beautifully, Anagrammer!

[quote quote=21470]Sit back in your seat and let the Conductor take you along for the glorious ride of life, for whatever ups and downs and twists and turns the journey may entail.[/quote]

Love this line! It’s got a ring to it…can’t explain…

• Anagrammer

September 15, 2020 at 11:06 pm

Thanks, Sury 🙂

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    September 17, 2020 at 10:51 pm

So, so true,, Anagrammer–a theme probably everyone can relate to! I was just thinking about that as I watch my newly-minted bar mitzvah boy who grew up so incredibly fast and is such an awesome guy, almost my height! I think there were certain periods in my life where I was sort of looking to the future, excited about what would be waiting around the bend, but at some point in time I just wanted to put on the brakes and slow things down.

Passion, exactly what you said–mindfulness is that brake that stops the speeding train!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to content