Home Forums Poetry "Self"

• "Self"

Elisheva Halle updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 8 Posts
  • PassionforWriting

October 7, 2020 at 8:20 pm

SelfDo you have a Self, one that knows…just what you want?Do you hear the voice and can you pinpoint it? Can you hear it loud and clear or is it mixed in with all the other “stuff”? What does that voice tell you? What does it say?Does it give your clarity and show you the way?Is its voice crystal clear, easy to listen to and hear?My voice is not so clear,It tends to get lost in the wear and tear,My voice is confused; unsure what to do,It is plagued by uncertainty, and is plain old scared,Do I make a right or a left?It questions every turn,And is meaner than mean,Oh, my voice!If only it felt more assured and Confident.That X is okay;That B sounds just rightAnd that C can work, too. Because really, how can we ever be certain that X is the right thing to do? But we ought to be certain enough that doubt and uncertainty doesn’t reign so loudly.

• PassionforWriting

October 7, 2020 at 8:26 pm

Sorry guys… I tried to change the formatting to look more like a poem, but it goes back to the original format…

• PassionforWriting

October 8, 2020 at 2:54 pm

Just bumping this up in case it wasn’t seen. Can’t wait to hear from you!

• Anagrammer

October 8, 2020 at 6:53 pm

<p>I like this poem, PassionforWriting! You did a good job expressing your”self” 😉!</p><p>I can definitely relate to that inner voice…</p>

• PassionforWriting

October 8, 2020 at 10:49 pm

Thank you so much, Anagrammer! I’m glad you resonated with it 🙂

• Elisheva Halle

October 9, 2020 at 5:10 am

<p>wow Passion- so deep! Ein Simcha K’Hataras Hasfeikos- what a proper message for Sukkos, Z’man Simchaseinu. When we connect our ‘self’ to Hashem, all our doubts will be erased! Yes, i know it’s not that easy, it’s a lifetime of Avoda!</p>

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    October 9, 2020 at 12:45 am

I love this poem, Passion! The idea is so deep. I was just talking with someone about exactly this phenomenon where the “self” can be fluid and lots of inner exploration make things multi-faceted. There are some people who are very firm about who they are; they are more black-and-white about their views. Other people are more in-flux. Hashem has created each of us with our own personalities and tendencies. It sounds to me like you are exploring that in your piece here. Self-discovery is always an exciting process! Thank you for sharing this! ❤

• PassionforWriting

October 9, 2020 at 1:10 am

Thank you so much, Riva! I am definitely exploring myself in terms of trying to feel more comfortable about who I am and feel more solid in my identity. Yups, the “self” has many many layers, and I’m trying to develop a secure and strong one.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content