Home Forums Can I Get Your Feedback? Self-Esteem Article

• Self-Esteem Article

• PassionforWriting

October 15, 2020 at 7:25 pm

Hi šŸ™‚ Here’s an article I posted a while ago, but I fixed it up a little. I’m still not sure where to add in the piece about being our own cheerleaders. Does it even fit with the message and notes about self-esteem, or should it be its own article? Also, my target audience would be teenagers, but I don’t think it would be publish-worthy because it’s more or less the same stuff we know and read. I’m fixing it up so I have another article to share in case I need to show samples. Feel free to point out anything else… Thank you!!

• PassionforWriting

October 16, 2020 at 4:00 pm

Hi! Iā€™d love to hear feedback on this article, thank you!

• PassionforWriting

October 18, 2020 at 4:30 pm

I hate being a nudge… See No Evil but I would love to get feedback, if possible… thanks.

• Anagrammer

October 18, 2020 at 7:30 pm

<p>Passion, I believe I read and commented last time you posted this… Is there anything new you were looking for feedback on?</p>

• PassionforWriting

October 18, 2020 at 7:56 pm

Anagrammer, you did?? I feel so bad… oish! I didn’t see anything. Maybe you could send it again?

• Anagrammer

October 18, 2020 at 8:19 pm

<p>Hmm… Either it got lost, or never went through… :(</p>

• Anagrammer

October 18, 2020 at 8:18 pm

<p>I think it’s great how you are so clear about these topics, and your tips are amazing! Unfortunately, I don’t know how many teens would be interested, as it reads more like a self-help article, which naturally makes teens get all prickly and say “I don’t need this!” Teens don’t like unsolicited advice or when someone even hints to them what to do (I know, cuz I’m practically still there;). </p><p>So, all I could say is good luck getting your important messages out to those who need it! (As an aside: You sound like you would be good at mentoring – maybe try your hand with the middle school age and see if you like it…)</p>

• PassionforWriting

October 18, 2020 at 10:17 pm

Thank you! So I’m not going to present this to a teen, but I want to edit it and get it to sound well so that I have sample writings to show if I’m asked for it, which I was just asked about. Also, I have a number of articles “sitting” in my computer and it’s getting me nervous, so I’m looking to edit them so they’re presentable – whether or not it’s published. I’m wondering if I should add in the part of cheerleading ourselves (if so, where I should add it) or keep it as a separate piece. And thank you for that compliment and suggestion.

• Novice

October 18, 2020 at 11:28 pm

Hi Passion!I’m gonna second Anagrammer in that I love how clearly you write about such a complex topic. I also appreciate that you take people through the thought pocesses step by step as opposed to some authors out there who will say ‘it’s not good to be hard on yourself’ and then just leave the reader to figure out how to change on thier own. It’s also nice that you write it in a kind voice which helps it not sound preachy. Regarding the cheerleading peice, I think it fits in perfectly just where it is, although I’m sure you can write a whole lot more on just that as well. Since Mental health topics can be a bit heavy for a young audience, I was thinking this might work well with a scenerio that is played out the form of an illustrated comic, with a before and after scenerio of the different ways a person can react. Not sure if thats too far from what you had in mind, but just an idea I had….Kay, gonna post this reallly long post – forgive me all for the big blob of words that this will inevitable become ;)Unless my computer has figured out how to make the formatting work….theres only one way to find out šŸ™‚

• PassionforWriting

October 18, 2020 at 11:51 pm

Thank you so much, Novice! I’m really warmed by your response and so value and appreciate it! Yeah, I believe that all thoughts and feelings are valid. So telling someone not to be hard on themselves wouldn’t be so productive – – if only more confusing. Yeah, I was trying to see how I can combine the 2, but I think they are fine the way they are. I probably can write a whole lot more on the cheerleading piece, but I’m curious if you had something specific in mind. Hmm… a comic strip isn’t a bad idea, but I wasn’t really thinking in that league.. it’s not a bad idea at all, but I have a feeling it will take up too much time in terms of finding a way to make it funny, and finding someone to illustrate it. Also, do you think I need both examples? Feel free to add any other critique šŸ˜‰ Nope, your post is clear! šŸ˜€

• PassionforWriting

October 19, 2020 at 9:30 pm

Thank you all for your feedback. I’m still looking for feedback on what I posted… I really value and appreciate everyone’s input – even critique! šŸ˜‰ Thanks in advance.

• Elisheva Halle

October 20, 2020 at 12:15 am

<p>Hi Passion! Just read your articles! I agree that you could be a mentor- have you considered studying life coaching or psychology? It seems totally up your ally!</p><p>That said, I’m curious what type of people you are looking to write for. Do you want to write articles for magazines on mental health? That’s what it seems like, but I’ll wait to hear from you before I give you my critique!</p>

• PassionforWriting

October 20, 2020 at 9:35 pm

Hi Elisheva! Thank you so much. I haven’t but it definitely is up my alley. The thing is that I have my own emotional challenges that I’m dealing and I don’t know if it’s a good idea to do such a line of work where I may “take on” someone else’s challenge, due to my sensitive nature. But maybe I’ll look into it. So, I think I wrote it a while ago when I was all into it, but I stopped writing it bc. I didn’t know how to continue. But now I’m fixing it up so it’s not half-baked (while “sitting” in my computer), and so that I have it as a sample article to show if needed. I definitely want to write, but I don’t know if would be mental health exclusively. I think I definitely could write articles on mental health and poems like I’m doing now – with mental health intertwined.

• Elisheva Halle

October 23, 2020 at 1:46 am

<p>I’m curious to know what type of writing you want to do…because those are the type of writing samples you will need. </p><p>This article is very informative, but I think it would be more engaging if you included an interview or real life experience or story to bring out your points</p>

• PassionforWriting

October 23, 2020 at 9:11 pm

So sorry. I meant to answer this last night, but it was crazy busy… Thank you, Elisheva! That is a good question and a good point! Yeah, it would be more engaging to include real-life stories… I mean, I would work harder on it if I was going to submit. I feel like this article is good enough and hopefully gives off the correct impression. In a recent email to Mishpacha, where I had an idea for an article, I included a variety of writing samples – poems, articles, so I feel that the variety will “speak” for itself. Is that assumption right/practical or not really?

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content