Home Forums Creativity Rosh Chodesh CHALLENGE!

• Rosh Chodesh CHALLENGE!

HappiWriter updated 5 months ago 11 Members · 24 Posts
  • riva pomerantz

Administrator
    June 23, 2020 at 8:56 am

Rosh Chodesh is a renewal, a day of “chadash”. In honor of every Rosh Chodesh, we will hold a creative renewal challenge. Post one thing you will do TODAY, bli neder, and then let us know when you’ve done it. Accountability at its best!

I’ll start: Today, be”H, I will play some piano (something yummy–Waltz of the Flowers, Moonlight Sonata, maybe even some Tchaikovsky!), and tonight I am doing a final brainstorm on my new serial! Yay!

You?

• Chagit

June 23, 2020 at 9:06 am

Today I will iy’H call the person who gives painting classes in my nerighborhood and sign up.

It’s been on my t0-d0 list for way too long, and can anyone guess why it’s been neglected?

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      June 23, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Yay! I’m jealous, Chagit! 🙂 Let us know when you’ve done it!

• Fayge Y.

June 23, 2020 at 12:11 pm

I have a kids’ book in me that’s a good part of the way out. I’ll dig it up beH.

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      June 23, 2020 at 1:49 pm

OOOOOH, Fayge Y! Wow! That’s great! Can you give us a little taste? Let us know when you’ve done it!

• Brocha

June 23, 2020 at 12:14 pm

May I be brutally honest? My creative challenge today is to function 🙂 and walk the obstacle course He’s mapped out for me without falling too often.

• Fayge Y.

June 23, 2020 at 12:17 pm

[quote quote=19307]May I be brutally honest? My creative challenge today is to function ? and walk the obstacle course He’s mapped out for me without falling too often.[/quote]

Hashem is the constant Creator – Hamechadesh btuvo bechol yom maasei breishis.

We’re supposed to be like Hashem. IyH may you feel your every action being ones of growth and re-creation.

And it sounds like you have the challenge part down pat. I hope you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    June 23, 2020 at 2:03 pm

Please always be brutally honest with us, Brocha. And I cannot even imagine a more noble and challenging goal for today or any day. May Hashem enable you to navigate that obstacle course easily and smoothly, and here’s a little surprise waiting for you around the bend to remind you that we are all thinking of you and rooting for you:

Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash

• Esther Kurtz

June 23, 2020 at 2:35 pm

There are two personal essays that have been lurking in me for too long… I plan to write at least one of them today.

• Elisheva Halle

June 23, 2020 at 4:14 pm

To create simcha in my home…and if I have time, maybe write a book review for my blog! I guess that’s not a commitment, but I’m committing to the simcha part, bli neder

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      June 23, 2020 at 5:30 pm

Wow! Lofty goal, Elisheva! Tell us how it goes and maybe even how you did it. Simcha is such an important ingredient in a home!

• Esther

June 23, 2020 at 5:18 pm

I’m going to daven Maariv tonight, something that is hard for me after a long day.

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      June 23, 2020 at 5:30 pm

Amazing, Esther! Just had a very interesting conversation with my nine-year-old about davening. There’s a reason it’s called “avodah” she’balev…

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    June 23, 2020 at 8:55 pm

Riva here, baring my sorry soul here to say that after cheering you all on, I ended up spending soooo much time today on writing my Navigating the Newlyweds that there was no piano and also no serial planning happenin’, no way, no how. Sniff, sniff! 🙁 Um, there’s always tomorrow, right? 🙂

• Esty Mendelowitz

June 23, 2020 at 9:37 pm

It’s still Rosh Chodesh in New York for another few hours, Riva!  Go for it!

• Fayge Y.

June 24, 2020 at 1:22 am

[quote quote=19360]Riva here, baring my sorry soul here to say that after cheering you all on, I ended up spending soooo much time today on writing my Navigating the Newlyweds that there was no piano and also no serial planning happenin’, no way, no how. Sniff, sniff! ? Um, there’s always tomorrow, right? ?[/quote]

Poor you, you only did one productive thing (really, just one?) that I assume requires some creativity to boot. Should we send you back a row or something?

I dug up what I wrote so far. I really liked it, though changed a few things. I added a few more stanzas and almost done. I know some women who’ve published some children’s book. Next challenge: to contact them before Shabbos.

• Brocha

June 24, 2020 at 4:10 am

May I share that I accomplished my goal? I functioned. 🙂 Chasdei Hashem.

• Chaya F.

June 24, 2020 at 6:58 am

Is it still Rosh Chodesh? Can I make a goal for one day later? I’ve been pushing off airbrushing 2 sweatshirts for camp staff and I plan on doing them tomorrow:)  I just got up from Shivah for my beloved father yet I have to run a camp in less than 2 weeks! Untop of that I’m quarantined till a day b4 camp starts and I think this challenge is great, because it’ll push me to accomplish something creative despite the circumstances!

• Chaya F.

June 24, 2020 at 7:02 am

Brocha! I’m so proud of you! I love your honesty and simplicity! You are my inspiration!

• Menucha Levin

June 24, 2020 at 9:30 am

Could this be a post Rosh Chodesh challenge? I sent out a few pitches for Sukkos and an inquiry about a children’s picture book I worked on a few years ago but which still hasn’t found a publisher. Now mulling ideas for Ami’s fiction contest. I entered last year and didn’t get accepted but I don’t give up easily.

• HappiWriter

June 24, 2020 at 4:13 pm

This is the same exact contest as last year?

• Fayge Y.

June 24, 2020 at 1:50 pm

[quote quote=19385]Is it still Rosh Chodesh? Can I make a goal for one day later? I’ve been pushing off airbrushing 2 sweatshirts for camp staff and I plan on doing them tomorrow:) I just got up from Shivah for my beloved father yet I have to run a camp in less than 2 weeks! Untop of that I’m quarantined till a day b4 camp starts and I think this challenge is great, because it’ll push me to accomplish something creative despite the circumstances![/quote]

HaMakom yenachem eschem b’soch she’ar aveilei Tziyon vYrushalayim. May you have the koach to do what you need to do. May camp run smoothly, safely and healthily.

• Chaya F.

June 24, 2020 at 3:14 pm

Thank you for your kind words fayge. Amein!!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content