• Poetry

• Rochel Solomon

October 8, 2020 at 5:37 am

Ok this has officially become the year where I promised myself that I would do more poetry (I basically only wrote two or three poems last year) So here’s a succos poem I wrote. Critique is accepted always:SUKKOS 2020A home is healingA home is hoping A home gives you space A home becomes your place Your arms restLike a nestAround me I am a bird Singing specific words A song to my Beloved He is my sun and moon and stars I am His added light TonightI will sit in His antechamber No longer strangers We will express our love He will guard me from above I feel foreign in most lands But inside Your walls You are mineAnd I am Your yoursYou’ve created for me this And we will dine togetherIn unfathomable blissLike a groom and a bride Locked together in the yichud room For the first time I stare at my lineage hanging around in different hues And it comforts me to know that their lineage is You I become a link in the chain I dive into the decoration It becomes my refrainAnd so how can I not be happy?Here, I can heal Here, I can hope I can be bold You’ve given me this space You’ve offered me this place In Your house I will never be alone I can say the blessings I can be strong I am part of a nation I can finally feel like I belong I love being in our home

• Fayge Y.

October 8, 2020 at 1:42 pm

<p>Beautiful sentiment. I just heard a shiur recently about how with RH and YK we’ve reset the relationship, and we’re like that choson and kallah who are so infatuated with each other to the exclusion of everyone else.</p><p>Unfortunately it was hard to read due to formatting issues that were likely beyond your control. I’ll bli neder try again for a more careful reading.<br></p>

• Rochel Solomon

October 8, 2020 at 2:21 pm

I know it keeps happening where I’ll space everything out and then when I post it’ll set itself back to one conglomerated mush. Anyone on here tech savvy so I can fix it for good (lol I feel like a bubby but I seriously am so bad with technologyTired Face)

• Anagrammer

October 8, 2020 at 7:00 pm

<p>Rochel, wow, I love how you expressed this all in a poem. It’s beautiful!</p><p>Maybe try to repost the poem in a reply, as opposed to original post. I don’t know if it will be any better, but perhaps…</p>

• Rochel Solomon

October 9, 2020 at 1:54 am

oh good idea. Lets see….SUKKOS 2020 A home is healingA home is hoping A home gives you space A home becomes your place Your arms restLike a nestAround me I am a bird Singing specific words A song to my Beloved He is my sun and moon and stars I am His added light TonightI will sit in His antechamber No longer strangers We will express our love He will guard me from above I feel foreign in most lands But inside Your walls You are my manAnd I am Your girl You’ve created for me this And we will dine togetherIn unfathomable blissLike a groom and a bride Locked together in the yichud room For the first time I stare at my lineage hanging around in different hues And it comforts me to know that their lineage is You I become a link in the chain I dive into the decoration It becomes my refrainAnd so how can I not be happy?Here, I can heal Here, I can hope I can be bold You’ve given me this space You’ve offered me this place In Your house I will never be alone I can say the blessings I can be strong I am part of a nation I can finally feel like I belong I love being in our home

• Rochel Solomon

October 9, 2020 at 1:55 am

nope:(

• Anagrammer

October 9, 2020 at 2:05 am

<p>Sorry if I’m driving you crazy for nothing, but maybe try doing 2 ‘ENTER’s between each line instead of just one.</p><p><br></p><p>I think it works ;)</p>

• Anagrammer

October 9, 2020 at 2:06 am

<p>actually maybe not ;(</p>

• Rochel Solomon

October 9, 2020 at 2:13 am

haha. Lucky I just saw this now. It really is annoying maybe I’ll try again later…

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content