Home Forums Poetry Of Choices and Change

• Of Choices and Change

Novice updated 1 month, 1 week ago 6 Members · 14 Posts
  • Mali

October 9, 2020 at 6:22 pm

I could not think of a title for this one. Your help needed, fellow Masterpiecers. I would love all and any feedback since this is totally unedited! Thanks in advance. Bound to the earthFixed to the groundOn a path Of uncertaintySeeing no choiceSensing no turnA way awayFrom factualityI see the way upIt’s only to climbFamiliar terrainA daunting signWhy the need to ascend Why can’t I simply transcend Limits I meetHurdles I findStretches beyondThe will of my mindI want to fly without wingsWingsOf realityI want my heart when it singsSingsWith possibility I don’t know What’s holding me backI just knowI’m feeling the lackCan I embrace My scarcity Am I enoughTo continue to beHand me the wandAllow me to cast A spellOf generosity Grant me the keyThe ability to beThe doorTo your clarityLet me open your eyesTo open my ownTo see beyondAll that I’ve knownI want to fly without wingsWingsOf realityI want my heart when it singsSingsWith possibilityI don’t knowWhat’s holding me backI just knowI’m feeling the lackCan I embraceMy scarcityAm I enoughTo continue to beStep by stepI continue to seeA trekOf familiarity Direction unknownBut senses awareA fearOf redundancy Don’t know if it’s rightDarkness or lightThe choice of turnIncreases my fright I want to fly without wingsWingsOf realityI want my heart when it singsSingsWith possibility I don’t know What’s holding me backI just knowI’m feeling the lackCan I embrace My scarcity Am I enoughTo continue to beWanting to startWanting to staySo fullOf ambiguityTesting the riskThe choice to climbTo meetMy vulnerabilityBlocks will ariseAll too the sameBut am I braveTo go past their claimI want to fly without wingsWingsOf realityI want my heart when it singsSingsWith possibility I don’t know What’s holding me backI just knowI’m feeling the lackCan I embrace My scarcity Am I enoughTo continue to be

• Mali

October 9, 2020 at 6:30 pm

Oy! Format is messed up. Riva, how do we do this?

• Mali

October 9, 2020 at 6:32 pm

Trying it again. Bound to the earthFixed to the groundOn a path Of uncertaintySeeing no choiceSensing no turnA way awayFrom factualityI see the way upIt’s only to climbFamiliar terrainA daunting signWhy the need to ascend Why can’t I simply transcend Limits I meetHurdles I findStretches beyondThe will of my mindI want to fly without wingsWingsOf realityI want my heart when it singsSingsWith possibility I don’t know What’s holding me backI just knowI’m feeling the lackCan I embrace My scarcity Am I enoughTo continue to beHand me the wandAllow me to cast A spellOf generosity Grant me the keyThe ability to beThe doorTo your clarityLet me open your eyesTo open my ownTo see beyondAll that I’ve knownI want to fly without wingsWingsOf realityI want my heart when it singsSingsWith possibility I don’t know What’s holding me backI just knowI’m feeling the lackCan I embrace My scarcity Am I enoughTo continue to beStep by stepI continue to seeA trekOf familiarity Direction unknownBut senses awareA fearOf redundancy Don’t know if it’s rightDarkness or lightThe choice of turnIncreases my fright I want to fly without wingsWingsOf realityI want my heart when it singsSingsWith possibility I don’t know What’s holding me backI just knowI’m feeling the lackCan I embrace My scarcity Am I enoughTo continue to beWanting to startWanting to staySo fullOf ambiguityTesting the riskThe choice to climbTo meetMy vulnerabilityBlocks will ariseAll too the sameBut am I braveTo go past their claimI want to fly without wingsWingsOf realityI want my heart when it singsSingsWith possibility I don’t know What’s holding me backI just knowI’m feeling the lackCan I embrace My scarcity Am I enoughTo continue to be

• PassionforWriting

October 9, 2020 at 6:35 pm

I’m having the same issue with my poems, Mali…

• Mali

October 9, 2020 at 6:36 pm

Filibuster in place of calculated rhythm!

• Anagrammer

October 9, 2020 at 6:39 pm

<p>Woah… This is – stunning. (I read it aloud so I could ‘hear’ the format. The capitalized letters helped me know where to pause.) It reads like a song, lilting, haunting… You are really talented with words, Mali. This poem really touched me. It feels like a window into your soul…</p>

• Mali

October 15, 2020 at 2:52 pm

Thank you, Anna!

• Novice

October 9, 2020 at 8:25 pm

Wow Mali, Thanks for sharing that! I can easily relate to your writing, and love the rythm and flow.I think the title you chose is perfect. I do have a question about the line where you write ‘I want my heart when it sings Sings with possibility’I’m finding just that line slightly unclear as to what you want to say. Maybe it can use another word in there, or is it just the formatting? Either way, this piece is AWESOME! Keep it coming 🙂

• Mali

October 15, 2020 at 2:53 pm

Thanks, Novice. Sort of trying to say that I only want to feel when the feelings are positive and hopeful. I want my heart- when it sings with possibility. Still doesn’t sound right?

• Novice

October 15, 2020 at 4:28 pm

Sounds awesome actually! I think it was just the formatting. Or maybe my lack of understanding. When you explain it like that it makes a lot of sense, and I like your poem even more now :)I guess, at least for me, that’s how poetry is sometimes – the meaning isn’t always so explicit. Like a good piece of art. It can take more than one reading to fully understand.

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    October 11, 2020 at 1:24 pm

Before I comment on this beautiful piece, I just want to reassure all of you that my developer will fix the formatting issue tomorrow, be”H. Sorry for the frustration! We’re still working out the kinks in this new system, but overall, I think it’s a million times better than before!

• Mali

October 15, 2020 at 2:49 pm

I’m just reposting this, now that regular formatting works.Bound to the earthFixed to the groundOn a path Of uncertaintySeeing no choiceSensing no turnA way awayFrom factualityI see the way upIt’s only to climbFamiliar terrainA daunting signWhy the need to ascend Why can’t I simply transcend Limits I meetHurdles I findStretches beyondThe will of my mindI want to fly without wingsWingsOf realityI want my heart when it singsSingsWith possibility I don’t know What’s holding me backI just knowI’m feeling the lackCan I embrace My scarcity Am I enoughTo continue to beHand me the wandAllow me to cast A spellOf generosity Grant me the keyThe ability to beThe doorTo your clarityLet me open your eyesTo open my ownTo see beyondAll that I’ve knownI want to fly without wingsWingsOf realityI want my heart when it singsSingsWith possibility I don’t know What’s holding me backI just knowI’m feeling the lackCan I embrace My scarcity Am I enoughTo continue to beStep by stepI continue to seeA trekOf familiarity Direction unknownBut senses awareA fearOf redundancy Don’t know if it’s rightDarkness or lightThe choice of turnIncreases my fright I want to fly without wingsWingsOf realityI want my heart when it singsSingsWith possibility I don’t know What’s holding me backI just knowI’m feeling the lackCan I embrace My scarcity Am I enoughTo continue to beWanting to startWanting to staySo fullOf ambiguityTesting the riskThe choice to climbTo meetMy vulnerabilityBlocks will ariseAll too the sameBut am I braveTo go past their claim

• Mali

October 15, 2020 at 2:52 pm

Ooooh I keep messing this up. Sorry, ladies.

• Sherry

October 15, 2020 at 3:08 pm

<p>Mali, this is serious stuff.</p><p>Can totally relate to the theme and love how you’ve turned this whole ‘uncertainty’ theme into a stunning poem. </p><p>Beautiful word choice and compelling rhythm.</p><p>Makes me stop and think – and reread.</p><p>Hatzlacha!</p>

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content