• Chana

October 22, 2020 at 12:51 pm

Hi everyone! I’m new here. Here’s a little something I jotted down after losing my mom recently. I am not a professional writer but have always loved expressing my thoughts on paper and am interested in improving my skills so any feedback is welcome 🙂 thank you!

• Anagrammer

October 22, 2020 at 1:40 pm

<p>Oh, Chana, this is so heartfelt, so poignant… Your mom sounds like she was a really special person. Hashem should comfort you and your family, and you should continue to make her proud!</p>

• Chana

October 22, 2020 at 5:26 pm

Thank you, she really was! Amen.

• Mommy’s Writing

October 22, 2020 at 2:02 pm

I would love to read it, but for some reason, I can’t open it.

• Brocha

October 22, 2020 at 2:59 pm

<p>Perhaps try to download?</p>

• Chana

October 22, 2020 at 5:26 pm

Were you able to download it? I am attaching it here if it makes a difference

• Fayge Y.

October 25, 2020 at 3:56 pm

<p>Thanks for posting. I couldn’t open it either.</p><p>It was really, really beautiful. HaMakom yenachem eschem b’soch she’ar aveilei Tziyon VeYerushalayim and may you continue to draw on all this love as you create your own version, after 120.<br></p>

• Fiction Fangirl

October 22, 2020 at 2:43 pm

<p> Hi Chana!</p><p>With a poem like that, you’re about anything as professional as a writer can get. The small specific details you included like the flaky-topped brownies followed by the gut-wrenching admission of ‘me lying to her that she’ll get better soon‘ created an incredible reading experience for me. I also appreciated that the poem wasn’t lengthy. The way you arranged your words and sentences was novel as well. Looking foward to more of your stuff!<br></p>

• Chana

October 22, 2020 at 5:25 pm

Thank you for your feedback! I wrote it from my heart and was hoping it conveys the right feelings when read by someone who didn’t know her.

• Brocha

October 22, 2020 at 2:58 pm

<p>Chana, this is beautiful. So poignant. Such vivid imagery.</p><p>When I sat shiva, someone told me that one reason we say HaMakom Yenacheim is that we need Hashem to be menacheim; no mere mortal can even attempt it.</p><p>HaMakom Yenacheim eschem b’soch she’ar aveilei Tzion Virushalayim.</p><p>Love,</p><p>Brocha</p>

• Chana

October 22, 2020 at 5:33 pm

Thank you for the feedback! That’s so true, only Hashem can give you the strength to move on. I’m sorry for your loss too.

• Rochel Solomon

October 22, 2020 at 4:09 pm

I’m itching to read this too but for some reason it’s not downloading for me either. Would you mind sending it again?

• Mali

October 22, 2020 at 4:17 pm

Chana😢😢😢😢May Hashem give you the strength. I’m confused, you said you’re not a professional writer?

• Chana

October 22, 2020 at 5:36 pm

Amen. Haha I have expressed my thoughts on paper since I was 10 so I maybe that does make me a pro? lol

• MH

October 22, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Chana that’s so beautiful and special…My favorite line was “Of her telling me how beautiful I look, when my mask slips off.”

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content