Home Forums Announcements Masterpiece Upgrade–PLEASE READ!

• Masterpiece Upgrade–PLEASE READ!

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    August 25, 2020 at 1:37 pm

Hello, lovely ladies! I am going to be rolling out an upgraded version of Masterpiece in a little while (don’t worry–I will give you plenty of notice beforehand, and the transition should be seamless, b’ezras Hashem!). I want to give you a better experience and iron out some of the issues that have been coming up, as well as make things more intuitive and user friendly.

Please, please let me know about any technical issues or bugs you’re experiencing so I can get them fixed. You can pm me with those or post them here below.

Additionally, I would love to hear from you with any ideas for features you’d like to see on Masterpiece. Here is a partial list of the features I will be incorporating: Tagging members in posts, the use of emojis in posts, having the ability to edit and/or delete a post you have written, plus a prettier and easier to navigate User Dashboard (“My Profile”). Please give me your suggestions here, in this thread, or pm me with them.

Onward and upward! 🙂

Much love,
    Riva

• Fayge Y.

August 25, 2020 at 1:49 pm

[quote quote=20991]Hello, lovely ladies! I am going to be rolling out an upgraded version of Masterpiece in a little while (don’t worry–I will give you plenty of notice beforehand, and the transition should be seamless, b’ezras Hashem!). I want to give you a better experience and iron out some of the issues that have been coming up, as well as make things more intuitive and user friendly. Please, please let me know about any technical issues or bugs you’re experiencing so I can get them fixed. You can pm me with those or post them here below. Additionally, I would love to hear from you with any ideas for features you’d like to see on Masterpiece. Here is a partial list of the features I will be incorporating: Tagging members in posts, the use of emojis in posts, having the ability to edit and/or delete a post you have written, plus a prettier and easier to navigate User Dashboard (“My Profile”). Please give me your suggestions here, in this thread, or pm me with them. Onward and upward! ? Much love, Riva[/quote]

I’m such an old fogey. This is all wonderful and magic to me. (Excuse me while I get a call on my shoe phone. [You see what my frame of reference is?])  And it’s already pretty. I know, you want a balance of user-friendly and pretty, you don’t want it to look too u utilitarian, but I think it’s fine.

That said, a few things:

– I’d love emojis but I thought that was a bshita thing for you and it’s your party.

– Delete would be nice. Editing is already there, isn’t it? Though for some reason not consistently.

– Tagging could be useful.

– I used to have more personal messages so I was using the dashboard more. I haven’t used it in a while. I just log in, see what’s new, comment (or not) and log off. It works pretty smoothly.

• HappiWriter

August 25, 2020 at 2:03 pm

Let me tell you what to keep:I love the email feature. That way I can subscribe to a topic and any updates come straight to my inbox – no need to keep logging in to the site to check if anything new came up… 🙂
    (And yeah, emojis sound awesome!!! 🙂 🙂 😉 😉 )

Also, maybe there can be a feature that allows for commenting on a specific line or words of a post. It can be easier to give feedback that way…

When’s the update coming out? looking forward…

• Fayge Y.

August 25, 2020 at 2:31 pm

[quote quote=21001]Let me tell you what to keep:I love the email feature. That way I can subscribe to a topic and any updates come straight to my inbox – no need to keep logging in to the site to check if anything new came up… ? (And yeah, emojis sound awesome!!! ? ? ? ? ) Also, maybe there can be a feature that allows for commenting on a specific line or words of a post. It can be easier to give feedback that way… When’s the update coming out? looking forward…[/quote]

Like that?

• Kayla-Oppenheimer

August 25, 2020 at 2:55 pm

What I would love that when anything is posted, we can reply to that specific post. Eg. I post something and A member responds and then there is a place for me to respond directly to that member. Member B responds and again a place for me as original poster to respond directly to Member B. As opposed to me as OP responding to all posters but my response is not attached to the person replying so I keep on having to scroll up to see who posted. Also when I do respond to response A, sometimes it’s after members B, C, D, E, have posted replies. Basically to keep threads separate in terms of replying to original poster. In the end, there is the OP posting and attached to that post, individual responses from member A with my response back to Member A, and Member A can then respond back to me if she wants and so forth. Response from Member B, and OP replies to Member B.

• Chaya F.

August 25, 2020 at 9:27 pm

Hi Kayla,

There’s actually a way to reply. If you check out my poem ” The Neshama’s journey ” you’ll get an idea how to do it.  I did it. I finally figured out how to! Just untop of every post theres a little button that says reply. Click it and look to see that you’ve been given the space to respond directly:) I hope that helps!

I would ask if there was a way to press a button as thumbs up or see page hits / as a way to see how much traffic your post got 🙂  Because I get, that many people dont respond to a post because they are at loss for words. Anyone else would like that?

• Fiction Fangirl

August 25, 2020 at 11:16 pm

Chaya F., I’m trying to see if the direct reply option works.

• Fiction Fangirl

August 25, 2020 at 11:17 pm

Nope.  I did exactly as instructed.  So this upgrade would be great.  I would love to ‘direct reply’ to posts.

• Chaya F.

August 26, 2020 at 5:43 pm

Fictionfangirl, I’m trying it now. Please play around with it. The feature is here.

• Ellie

August 26, 2020 at 6:16 am

Hi Kayla,

Agree with the thumbs up to track things. Usually I don’t go for likes/dislikes, but the loss of words as you put it would be compensated by that feature. Sometimes I just don’t know what to write, but feel positive on a writing. Good thinking!

• Fayge Y.

August 26, 2020 at 12:49 pm

What would be nice if, if when one quotes a post, that quote is automatically done in a different font or intensity than the reply.

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    August 26, 2020 at 2:11 pm

Great stuff, everyone–I’m reading every word! Keep it comin’! 🙂

• HappiWriter

August 26, 2020 at 5:50 pm

FF, there’s a fluke in this feature, but you have to press the reply button twice. First, it doesn’t work then it does 😉

• Chaya F.

August 26, 2020 at 7:41 pm

I agree. Perhaps that should be fixed.

• Fiction Fangirl

August 27, 2020 at 5:43 pm

Did it work?  The double-click reply-wave-the-magic-wand option?

• Fiction Fangirl

August 27, 2020 at 5:45 pm

Nope.  No magic for me today.  So that’s a fluke I guess.

Speaking of updates, can the forum display be enlarged?  The font is teeny.

Ooh.  Can there be a feature where we can share documents with one another?

All for now.

• Fiction Fangirl

August 28, 2020 at 1:31 am

Moody features that require an attitude adjustment!  What fun!

• PassionforWriting

September 1, 2020 at 12:28 am

I didn’t read through all the posts, but I would say to have an “edit” option to edit posts. Also, I know it would be easier if I could somehow get on without needing to log in and put my email and password in each time. And emojis of course.

I don’t either go for a “likes” button… I have a negative association with it… and also a bigger font. Oh, and also for new posts to be highlighted or have a marker of some sort to indicate new posts.

Can’t wait for the new version!!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content