Home Forums Creativity Mashiach

• Mashiach

MH updated 1 month ago 6 Members · 11 Posts
  • MH

October 22, 2020 at 12:36 am

This is what my imagination comes up with when I think of Mashiach… I pray salvation comes soon. Any feedback or comments would be wonderful! Enjoy;)He remains by the gates that have only opened inward. He’s been standing there for centuries and his hands are callused from clutching the bars so tightly. Day after day, year after year he watches us from his post. He was somber when we did something beneath us and cheered with all his energy when we did a righteous act. Yet, the gates never seemed to open for him. The world never seemed ready for him. But oh, how badly he wants to come. When he peers through the gates, at the Jewish homes who are thriving, and the shuls that glow with kedusha. At night he stays awake. His lips move with the words of torah and clear away the hopelessness that threatens to fill him. Every day he watches majestic prayers float through the gates of heaven. They soar with a tefilla that was said with concentration. They’re beautiful, golden even. Sometimes bottles come that are filled with tears from the other world. Other times however, weak prayers float through too. They’re not strong and they fly low. Sometimes they collapse, not making it to Hashem’s Throne. In these cases, he scoops the weak prayers up and hurries to deliver it to the Hashem’s holy and humbling chambers. Hope would bloom in his soul when Hashem carefully picked up a beautiful shining prayer, or the bottle of diamond like tears from a community. But it would be snuffed when Hashem set down these prayers in their places. “It’s not yet time, my child,” Hashem would say gently, and he would trudge defeatedly back to his post by the gate. His bloodshot eyes watch the world with a passion no being has ever seen. He watches boys throw off their yarmulkes and mock the ways of Hashem. He watches girls dress immodestly and seek paths that could only end badly. His eyes aren’t clouded with judgement. No. They are flooded with endless love. Oceans and seas of love. His heart cinched at the pain his people are going through. He wants to save them, to help them. But it isn’t his time. When there is quarrels and arguments going on, he turns to the innocent children. The ones who sit in their school with pure hearts and minds that soak up the material like sponges. He witnesses them talking about him, sees their faces light up and that instills them with hope. The Mashiach. Those calming and trustful beliefs give him the warmth and strength to remain fighting for them. He desperately tries to stop the black aveiros from slipping in that would set back his reuniting with Bnei Yisroel. This is our Mashiach.

• PassionforWriting

October 22, 2020 at 1:48 am

Wow, MH, that was stirring, beautiful, hopeful and heartwarming all at the same time. I truly felt along with you as I read it. There are some places that a comma could be added (I don’t remember exactly where), but I think this is perfect to submit to either the Mishpacha’s Lifetakes/musings column or the Ami’s My Days column. You expressed your feelings so well!

• MH

October 22, 2020 at 9:53 pm

Thank you Passion! And I’ll make the change, thank you!

• PassionforWriting

October 22, 2020 at 10:44 pm

My pleasure!

• Anagrammer

October 22, 2020 at 2:03 am

<p>Beautiful, MH.</p><p>Amen! “We want Mashiach, we want Mashiach NOW!” – you never get too big for that song…</p>

• MH

October 22, 2020 at 9:54 pm

That song pretty much sums it up you know;)

• HappiWriter

October 22, 2020 at 4:24 pm

<p>What a wonderful soul stirring perspective — from the other side of the “fence” ;)</p><p>Mashiach and us, waiting… waiting. Stuck on either side of the gate, waiting for Hashem to break them down…</p>

• MH

October 22, 2020 at 9:55 pm

Thank you HappiWriter! As a kid I used to get upset that he would never come but when I looked at it through this perspective it made me feel like he was hurting along with us…..Sorry if that was too deep;)

• Elisheva Halle

October 23, 2020 at 1:42 am

<p>beautiful and stirring!</p>

• Sherry

October 25, 2020 at 2:20 am

<p>There’s so much beauty in this piece, so much depth. Wow. Thank you, MH, for sharing.</p>

• MH

October 25, 2020 at 4:58 pm

Thank you Sherry!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content