Home2 Forums Fiction Literary Fiction Critique Partner

• Literary Fiction Critique Partner

Fiction Fangirl updated 7 months, 3 weeks ago 2Members · 5 Posts
  • Fiction Fangirl

May 22, 2020 at 10:03 pm

Hello wonderful ladies and gals,

Not to sound like a classified ad, but I am in search of a critique partner to exchange honest critique and encouragement.  Critiques include in-line edits and comments on story theory and techniques such as characterization, plot, structure, POV, setting, conflict, tension, voice, dialogue, language, and overall feel of the story.  To ensure we’re compatible, I would like to exchange a “trial” critique on a chapter or piece of flash fiction (up to 1000 words).  Specifically looking for those who have experience with literary fiction and are willing to commit to accountability once a month.  My objective is to become more confident in my writing while motivating someone else at the same time.  Win-win!

Let me know if you’re in for a deal,

Fiction Fangirl

• A Willing Pen

May 23, 2020 at 7:33 pm

Oh boy! I’m so glad I saw this! I love your writing so far (your intro is impeccably intriguing!) and I’d love to give it a go. I’m pretty natural at writing but I don’t know if I can tell you WHY something rubs me the wrong way, more that it just does.

So the technical stuff (aside from grammar and spelling, I’m quite good at that) isn’t really my strong point but I am usually good at pin-pointing where something’s wrong.

If we’re NOT a good fit, would you be up for being a mentor? Hee hee 🙂

• Fiction Fangirl

May 24, 2020 at 3:40 pm

Word Warrior, why not give it a go?  I popped into showcase to check out your work.  Ready to consider yourself an inspiration?  You’ve got fanfiction in your showcase right now.  Hop over to check it out and unleash your critique upon me ?.

• A Willing Pen

May 25, 2020 at 6:24 pm

Sooo- what’s next? We did the fanfiction bit- do I get a chance to see some of your work? Perhaps- yes, really!- even the dark ones? 😀

• Fiction Fangirl

May 25, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Hey Word Warrior! Currently rewriting and editing 3-4 stories, but a new one came up…so I had to attend to that. My writing schedule has been super sporadic, but keep a lookout for new content on showcase hopefully soon!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to content