Home2 Forums Showcase: Your Best Work! Lag Baomer- Together

• Lag Baomer- Together

• Passionate Pen

May 12, 2020 at 3:02 pm

I wrote this as a young teen. I actually tried publishing it but never got a response. I was writing it mentally while standing outside. Its not fantastic but its real. Sometimes thats more important.

Amidst the bone chilling rain there is a small cackling fire fighting with all its might to stay aflame and a small crowd huddled together. More people trudge out of their warm abodes, out on the street in the steady downpour.

Adults, teens, kids all together- men dancing in the rain, singing together warmly oblivious to the weather. Toddlers and children ages three to seven splashing in the puddles to the beat.

The singer’s voice soars high and everyone is drawn together by an invisible string. It’s the strong achdus that makes us feel strong. We stand by the bonfire and smile.

The blaring music, the dancing of the men and the raindrops from above blessing us with brachos. And all we need is a grin.

Lag Baomer.

Thank you Reb Shimon this is all we need the unity and friendship of one Jew to another. The raindrops? Oh, these are the tears of Hashem  as he promises us that next year we will be dancing in Yerushalayim. Beezras Hashem.

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    May 12, 2020 at 4:10 pm

This is so beautiful, Passionate Pen. I am going to move this into Showcase so that everyone can enjoy it! Thank you for sharing this with us today–so special, and so timeless; written years ago yet relevant today more than ever!

• A Willing Pen

May 17, 2020 at 2:25 pm

I love this, Passionate Pen.  I can feel the powerful mix of emotions as if I am standing there with you.  That’s how our lives are, holding opposite feelings and just breathing, being in the moment.  The moment you paint is so vivid, and I think it strikes such a chord with readers because of the FEELING you were feeling as you wrote it.  It id not the sophistication of a piece of writing that sears it into a readers heart, but the resonance of emotion that the reader picks up, that is beyond words.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to content