Home Forums Creativity Kreative Kabbalos–Add Yours Here! :-)

• Kreative Kabbalos–Add Yours Here! :-)

PassionforWriting updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 7 Members · 16 Posts
  • riva pomerantz

Administrator
    September 18, 2020 at 12:55 pm

My friends, it’s that time of year when we take stock and inventory. I know that for me, renewing my spiritual kochos by nurturing my creativity is a big part of my avodas Hashem. I invite you to share with us a small kabbalah (Yeah, y’all, dreaming big is awesome, but a journey of a hundred miles begins with a single step! :-)) you would like to take on in your creative journey. Sharing it with everyone on Masterpiece is a big step towards putting it into action. Let us know if you’d like to be held accountable to the community in some way. We would be honored to support you!

I’ll go first :-). I would very much like to take up drawing this year. I have all the materials, I just need to pull them out, find a good muse, and get started. I’d like to spend 1/2 an hour during Aseres Yemei Teshuvah working on my drawing. Maybe I’ll share it with you afterwards :-).

Much love to you all! Wishing each and every one of you an incredible year, packed with tons of hatzlacha, bracha, siyata diShmaya, joy, good health, and nachas. May we see the Geulah very, very soon!

• Rochel Solomon

September 21, 2020 at 1:48 am

Wow drawing is a biggie being that I cannot draw a straight line. Please send your work in! My Kreative Kabbalah is that I would like to complete a page of writing once a week (it takes me literally a day just to write a paragraph) and to get one of my stories published this year. I would also like to finish my two cleps for college (it’s not creative I just feel like if I have it down in writing it will become more real to me). I would also like to complete most of my novel this year if possible!

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      September 21, 2020 at 11:22 pm

Amazing, Rochel! Please share your writing with us–we want to see it and cheer you on! 🙂 And a novel! Wow!

• PassionforWriting

September 21, 2020 at 11:15 pm

I love this thread and the ideas shared!

Riva, what’re you drawing?

What kind of writing are you planning on doing, Rochel?

Chayala, I love yours! You sound ambitious and creative 🙂

Mine is to work on editing segments of a story either every day or every other day. I usually do a lot in 1 shot, but I found that doing a little each day ends up with accomplishing more!

My other one is not so much Kreative (my spell check doesn’t agree with the ‘k’ here ;)) but it’s to organize my draws so I could see my shirts/sweaters.

I wish I could do davening at least the Brachos and Shema, but formal davening is unfortunate very hard for me… but I try!

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      September 21, 2020 at 11:40 pm

Passion! I love your kabbalos!! I especially like the way you found something concrete, doable, and simple-profound where a relatively small effort goes a long way in helping you feel organized. And a definite plus: you can shop your own closet! 🙂 You’re inspiring me to do a little drawer decluttering myself… 🙂 I don’t know what kind of drawing I’ll do, but I’ve got to find something and go for it. I’ll post it bli neder when it’s done.

I just have a point I wanted to mention about davening, if it’s helpful to you or anyone else out there. One year, I spoke to my Rav before Rosh Hashanah to get some chizuk and direction in preparing for the Yomim Noraim, and I admitted that davening is very difficult for me. You know what my Rav said? (And he is a very big tzaddik!) He said, “Davening is hard work for everyone. That’s why it’s called AVODAH she’balev!!” So the fact that it’s hard work doesn’t meant we’re not cut out for it or that we’re failing at it! It just means that we’re experiencing something very normal and we can try to carve out little wins which are BIG wins! And with that, I’m off to daven Ma’ariv! 🙂

Keep us posted, Passion. And enjoy those sweaters!!

• Rochel Solomon

September 22, 2020 at 3:55 am

@Passionforwriting; I have been doing a lot of short stories that have been accepted for publication but haven’t actually been published (but that’s going to change this year;) and I’m getting back into poetry after about a few months hiatus. I love the idea of editing your work I’m just always afraid but they do say you have to kill your darlings…

Everyone has such great kaballahs! Thanks for inspiring me! Now I have to try and re-arrange my closet:)

• Bookworm

September 22, 2020 at 7:04 pm

I was debating whether to add my Kabbalos here but in the end I though: Ya know… Why not? So there we go!
    – I wanna finish writing my book, which I started already over a year ago. Um, guys, sorry but it’s written in german, so I don’t think any of you will be interested in reading it! I also want to try to publish at least one piece this year. Wish me good luck!

Gmar Chassima Tova and may you all be successful in all of your Kabbalos (especially the spiritual ones, which in the end of the day, are the most important things!)

• HappiWriter

September 23, 2020 at 5:32 pm

I actually hate making kabbalos — cuz I don’t end up carrying through, but some days ago, I realized that I never thought about the coming year — how I plan to do things better… Thanks Riva for making me think about this.

So here are some of what I hope to accomplish:
    – I’ll be working on my inspirational poetry eblasts. I got some nice feedback on the first edition. BE”H, I hope it’ll work out going forward…
    – I want to seriously work on my novel. If not to finish the entire thing, at least get through a first draft. Getting it accepted for publication would be awesome too…
    – Hey! maybe I’ll get something published in a magazine. That would be nice…
    – For the stuff that really counts, I want to try to make shabbos ten minutes early each week.
    Good luck to me 😉

• PassionforWriting

September 23, 2020 at 11:03 pm

[quote quote=21647]Passion! I love your kabbalos!! I especially like the way you found something concrete, doable, and simple-profound where a relatively small effort goes a long way in helping you feel organized. And a definite plus: you can shop your own closet! 🙂 You’re inspiring me to do a little drawer decluttering myself… 🙂 I don’t know what kind of drawing I’ll do, but I’ve got to find something and go for it. I’ll post it bli neder when it’s done. I just have a point I wanted to mention about davening, if it’s helpful to you or anyone else out there. One year, I spoke to my Rav before Rosh Hashanah to get some chizuk and direction in preparing for the Yomim Noraim, and I admitted that davening is very difficult for me. You know what my Rav said? (And he is a very big tzaddik!) He said, “Davening is hard work for everyone. That’s why it’s called AVODAH she’balev!!” So the fact that it’s hard work doesn’t meant we’re not cut out for it or that we’re failing at it! It just means that we’re experiencing something very normal and we can try to carve out little wins which are BIG wins! And with that, I’m off to daven Ma’ariv! 🙂 Keep us posted, Passion. And enjoy those sweaters!![/quote]

Thank you, Riva!!! Yeah,  davening is very hard. I try to tell myself that I don’t have to be in the mood to daven or feel full of kavanah; I just have to do it….

• PassionforWriting

September 23, 2020 at 11:06 pm

Thank you Rochel! What are you afraid of?

Btw – how do I reply to someone so my posts is directly under theirs?

• PassionforWriting

October 6, 2020 at 4:40 pm

Gut Moed, all!Okay, so I finally gathered the courage to organize my draws with those sweaters and I’m really proud of myself! I make 2 piles of the sweaters that I wear (with one that doesn’t really fit me on top because there’s not room for it elsewhere). And I organized my tights into 3 categories: one with holes, one without, and one that is a little itchy. And my shells are somewhat organized. The ones with sleeves are in the 2nd draw and the ones without sleeves are in the top draw, so it’s more accessible. I just need something to make partitions and to label it, but this is good for now! I’m so happy I finally did it, because all those excuses of mine would come back to haunt me… so I just plunged and did it!

• Riva Writes

October 6, 2020 at 6:00 pm

<p>YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Passion!!! I love that you followed through on your kabbalah and you DID it! Wow! I am inspired!! 👍😍</p>

• PassionforWriting

October 6, 2020 at 10:22 pm

Thank you so much, Riva!!! Yeah, I feel pretty good about it!! b”H SmileyLooking forward to hearing from others 😉

• Ashira Becker

October 9, 2020 at 4:16 am

<p>I think I’ll strive for completing and publishing some of the stories sitting around in my files, pitifully awaiting my attention. Inspiration strikes, I write, but then it fizzles and my poor piece is left lonely in perpetuity.<br> </p><p>. </p>

• PassionforWriting

October 9, 2020 at 5:19 pm

Oh boy, do I relate to that too! I too have articles that I want to perfect, but now they’re “sitting” in my computer till I get the push to work on them.

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    September 21, 2020 at 11:26 pm

Chaya’la! Wow! Your energy is literally popping out of the screen and it’s contagious! I love how you are firing on all cylinders and thinking of ways to work on and develop yourself in every area, guf, nefesh and neshama. Hatzlacha rabba to you and please let us know how it’s going. Exercise is something I took upon myself a few months ago and I highly recommend it! So glad you like my alliteration :-)–I like it, too!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content