Home2 Forums Life: Processing Our Thoughts & Feelings Internal Security System

• Internal Security System

• Writer123

August 4, 2020 at 5:01 am

This is my first post and I’m just sharing some thoughts… I would love any feedback!

Internal Security System

There are many things that can help a person keep their emotions in place and not constantly be on a roller coaster by being thrown around from every little thing that happens.

Firstly is faith. Knowing that there is a Higher Power running the world and doing whatever’s best for you can help you feel secure and confident with everything that occurs. Don’t forget – Hashem loves you!

Next is personality. In this day and age, almost everyone has some sort of diagnosis and a lot of people are on medication. Having a mood or personality disorder can be extremely challenging, especially when it comes to controlling one’s emotions. But with the right support and prescription, a person can keep their emotions in check.

Another factor is family and surroundings. If someone grows up in a loving and happy atmosphere, it will be much easier for them to have a positive outlook. Additionally, a spouse who is supportive and on the same team as you can definitely keep you going. Something tough can happen at work, but when you know your goal is your family – that you’re only working to have money for your family (of course it should be a job you enjoy) – then you realize the bigger picture and it will be easier to not get caught up on every small thing that happens.

Last but certainly not least, is self esteem. Without a healthy sense of self, all of the above will be irrelevant. Having a good self esteem completely changes the entire picture. Knowing and believing that you have potential and are amazing just because you’re you is the most powerful and exhilarating feeling. It fills you with a new level of strength and courage that you never even thought you could possess. You feel excited about life and empowered to accomplish.

Everything I’ve said so far is much easier said than done. Achieving any of the above goals is not only very difficult, but also a life-long process. None of these things come easily to anyone. But any amount of effort in the right direction can be empowering in itself and keep working until you get there!

Believe in yourself and believe in Hashem!

He believes in you more than you believe in yourself!

• Bookworm

August 4, 2020 at 8:31 am

Very empowering Writer123!! I really enjoyed reading it!
    Are you writing this for publishing?

• Meira

August 4, 2020 at 11:40 am

Writer123, I really like it! Every idea rings so true!

• Writer123

August 4, 2020 at 4:04 pm

Thank you!!

Bookworm, I was not writing this for publishing. I had these thoughts swimming around my head for a while and finally decided to put them on paper.

• PassionforWriting

August 4, 2020 at 10:58 pm

Wow, I love it!! I really relate to it as I also have mental health struggles that I’m dealing with.

If someone grows up in a loving and happy atmosphere, it will be much easier for them to have a positive outlook.

I really relate to this. How much do I want love, unconditional acceptance and all those things that are crucial for our emotional wellbeing.

Thanks for voicing it and sharing something that others might not be brave enough to share!

• PassionforWriting

August 5, 2020 at 3:12 am

I also wanted to put out there (in case anyone could use the help) that there’s an incredible organization that supports woman struggling with all different kinds of mental illnesses. It’s called Chazkeinu. It’s directed by Mrs. Zahava List.

Their website is chazkeinu.org. Check them it out! Their work is incredible – bringing hope, light, insight and fun into people’s lives.

• Writer123

August 5, 2020 at 5:20 am

Thank you! I am familiar with Mrs. Zahava List and what she does.

• Elisheva Halle

August 5, 2020 at 11:49 pm

Thank you for sharing! So true, every word you said!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to content