Tagged: ,

• A Willing Pen

May 17, 2020 at 11:58 pm

I am Word Warrior

Alliterations abound all around

Sheathed in my cloak, in the darkness of night

Vowels and consonants pouring out of my right side brain

My left hardly daring to keep up, to utter, to object, to line it up, to make it rhyme

I am Word Warrior

With pounding footsteps, beating heart, clammy hands, short, quick breaths, I approach my computer

I type

My keyboard is on fire

My sword is my tongue, tucked into my cheek, as my fingers take its place into the wee hours of the night

nothing, no one, can enter this world uninvited

My canvas is a blank, dim screen, my quill is the clacking of Mac keys rebounding with delight, urging me to beat them down once more, with my ultimate weapon of destruction.

I pound furiously.

Characters, scenes, thoughts, emotions, tranquil, violent, peaceful, urgent, tears, joys, frustrations; all things that once seemed insurmountable; no enemy too large or too strong for Word Warrior.

With one slashing streak of my hand, one swipe of my mouse, a quick dart here and a bold exclamation point there, I invade, I fight valiantly, I conquer.

I am Word Warrior.

You may enter.

• Elisheva Halle

May 18, 2020 at 12:59 am

Love this Word Warrior! Keep on fighting those battles so we can see more of your work!

• HappiWriter

May 18, 2020 at 1:23 am

cool!

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    May 18, 2020 at 11:56 pm

LOVE IT!! 🙂 Demure mother/wife/daughter/friend by day, but come night, she dons a black cape, mask, and tznius legging and goes out to fight…WORDS! Such a great vibe, @Word Warrior! Go, you!

BTW, just a note about this new section. I created it as a place where you can post whatever you’d like–it can be raw ramblings about life, it can be rants, it can be about making sense of things, etc. Sometimes a post can be relevant to a couple of different categories and the poster can choose where she thinks it would be most comfortable ;-). So, for example, Word Warrior is perfectly fine posting here, but she could also have posted her awesome poem in Showcase, to get accolades, or in Poetry just as well. The only categories that have to be kept really “pure” are the niche categories, like Copywriting, Technical Writing, and Interviews, for example, so that women looking for very specific areas of interest won’t become bogged down in posts that could better belong elsewhere.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to content