Home Forums Announcements Great question from a Masterpiece member

• Great question from a Masterpiece member

Bookworm updated 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • riva pomerantz

Administrator
    September 24, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Here’s a wonderful question I got from one of our members. I think it raises an important point so I’m featuring it here, along with my answer, for anyone else who might find it relevant:

Hi Riva!
    I have a question about something… Very often I read a piece that someone posts and I think of a friend who would appreciate it. My friends are not part of the Masterpiece community but sometimes I read things that I know they would appreciate and gain from. Is it ok for me send things to a friend? If not, can I read it to her?
    Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Thank you!

Hey XX! 🙂 This is a great question, and I hope to give you a great answer!

The Masterpiece community is a closed group and everyone who joins makes a commitment to honor and respect the safety and security of the community. For that reason, any work featured here cannot be shared outside of the community. It is also super important to protect our member’s rights to their pieces as plagiarism is always a threat and I cannot have any of our members exposed to any kind of risk. You are always encouraged to invite your friends to join Masterpiece so they, too, can commit to the rules of the community and enjoy the content here–as well as boost their own creativity, of course! 🙂

Much love,

Riva

• PassionforWriting

September 24, 2020 at 10:36 pm

Wow, I definitely hear that question and your answer, Riva. But what if the content is vague and would be impossible for someone to recognize who is behind the writing?

Also, a lot of people – including myself go under a pen name, so it would be even harder to locate that person…

Another suggestion would be to pm that person and ask her if she’s okay with you posting her post anonymously.

• Bookworm

September 24, 2020 at 10:44 pm

When I want to share an amazing poem for example, I ask the person who posted if it is ok to share. I once did, and she was totally ok with it! I think it really depends on the writer. But yes, you should never share stuff without asking permission first! Some people also post writings which might go to publication, so it’s for sure not a great idea to share these things around before it’s printed.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content