Home2 Forums Humor Great example of tight humor writing

• Great example of tight humor writing

riva pomerantz updated 3 weeks, 5 days ago 3 Members · 4 Posts
  • riva pomerantz

Administrator
    March 13, 2021 at 9:10 pm

Please note: I am not condoning the content of this article and definitely not opening a discussion here about the subject (didn’t even watch the video above it), but I was taken by the tight, witty, extremely sarcastic humor style here and I wanted to point it out to y’all. Writing humor is tricky. You want to pull your reader in as though the two of you are having a private joke session. At the same time, if you err on the side of silly, you come off looking, well, silly ;-). And if you’re TOO sarcastic, you might sound bitter or turn off your reader. I thought this piece was just right:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-meghan-markle-elite-victimhood

• Fayge Y.

March 14, 2021 at 4:38 pm

My filter doesn’t let me open it but thanks for the heads up.

• HappiWriter

March 17, 2021 at 7:11 pm

Personally, I didn’t think it’s humorous. Sarcastic, yeah.

Sad.

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      March 21, 2021 at 10:39 pm

@happiwriter writing humor is a delicate art, and this tight, sarcastic style works very well here, which is why I pointed to it as a good example. It’s not the “ha ha” kind–more sophisticated and almost oblique, and obviously the content is not anything we’re examining, like I said in the OP, but I feel that the writer struck a good balance here. Of course, humor, as in many other aspects of life, is a matter of taste 😁.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to content