Home Forums Creativity Finding ideas in real life

• Finding ideas in real life

HappiWriter updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago 1 Member · 1 Post
  • HappiWriter

October 13, 2020 at 3:10 am

<p>At the “Simchas Bais Ha’shoaiva” (Riva, btw, it was really fun and informative!! Grinning), “Leah Gebber” mentioned about broadening your horizons, reading, experiencing new things. It made me think of something that happened to me this past summer. </p><p>A little backstory first. In my WIP novel, I was grappling with a certain scene. It was supposed to be on a boat on the river. But something wasn’t working. I felt the scene was boring.</p><p>Along came August. I went on a short vacation to the Poconos. We took a canoe trip down the Delaware. In the middle, we stopped on the side for lunch. As we were pulling the boat onto shore, my husband joked about what would happen if the canoe suddenly floated away… </p><p>Then, Presto! Wham! Eureka! On the Delaware, I got my answer — my characters should stop on the side of the river and the boat should float away!!! That would spice things up!!</p><p>(As an aside, I’m a historical fiction fan. When writing, though, I’m always bothered by the fact that I don’t know enough about horses. They were an integral part of transportation. Every historical story has horses involved. So guess what? On that same trip, we went horseback riding! 😉 The guide probably thought I was a major horse fan, because I asked her a million questions…)</p><p><br></p>

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content