Home Forums Congratulations!! Exploring Ami’s 500th Issue + Celebs!

Tagged: 

• Exploring Ami’s 500th Issue + Celebs!

• Fiction Fangirl

January 15, 2021 at 1:45 am

Yes, I’m late! But I just wanted to mention how fun it was to read about Riva in the Ami Living for the 500th Ami issue! And 12 things about Ruthie Pearlman in the Aim! And Dina Neuman in the Aim as well! Speaking of Dina, was Rachel Berger (who writes the Just Judgement comic strips in the Aim) hinting that she’s really Dina Neuman? I wish I can upload last week’s comic strip to explain what I mean, but not sure about copyright issues and all. And just to dig a little deeper into things, did anyone spy ‘Dina Neuman’ doing a Jamila book reading in that comic strip? Wasn’t Jamila the serial Rachel Berger wrote for the Ami Living several years ago? Arrggghhh please I need some fangirl company here to hash this out and make sense of this together!!!

• PassionforWriting

January 15, 2021 at 5:05 pm

Lol!!! I didn’t read all the articles, but I definitely read Riva’s!! And, while I’m at it, I want to mention that I am loving, loving Riva’s new serial called See You! Esther Samson is… well, what can I say? She’s really struggling and going through a lot of pain, but I think she’s sort of denying it… What do you say, Fiction Fangirl?

Isn’t Dina Neuman a real name? I always thought it was…

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      January 20, 2021 at 10:30 pm

Awww, thanks @passionforwriting . So glad you’re liking See You. I like it too, though, as you say, I feel bad for Esther Samson. She has A LOT on her plate, and that’s an understatement! Very good, interesting plot twists await–that I can promise you, b’ezras Hashem!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜ Stay tuned!

• PassionforWriting

January 21, 2021 at 4:58 pm

You’re welcome, Riva!

Esther has a lot on her plate and just wants to square her shoulders, making herself believe that she’s superwoman.

Can’t wait, Riva!!!

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    January 20, 2021 at 10:29 pm

πŸ™‚ Would you believe I didn’t even get to see how it came out in the end? Gotta get myself a copy!! Glad you liked, @fiction-fangirl . I used to write much more about myself in the magazine when I was doing features and columns. Now, my writing is much more restricted to serials because I’ve diversified into a lot more projects. Like there’s this Masterpiece baby I built and love, type of thing…πŸ˜‰

• Chaya S

January 20, 2021 at 11:22 pm

This is such a cute discussion!🀣 Riva, definitely enjoyed your article:) and definitely second with @passionforwriting on “See You.” Esther definitely is struggling quite a lot!!!!!! Can’t wait to see what happens next😍 #BESTSERIALEVER!!!!!!!!

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      January 23, 2021 at 10:33 pm

Thanks, @lovetowrite ! πŸ™‚ Yes, poor Esther, I know. But fear not, we have some interesting twists and turns in store for her and her family… My lips are sealed, of course, but trust me: it’s gonna be a real riiiiiiiiide!! πŸ˜‰

• saga-city

January 21, 2021 at 10:08 am

yes, get a copy Riva- cuz you were straightforward fab …

baited breath every Wednes. to check up on Esther, Ruchie and the whole lot.

this week was sooo good!! oh the language… if I may quote?? “like going off the grid”… super!!

and just a Χ Χ—Χͺ call – your baby is turning into a real child prodigy… thanks for sharing (him?her?) with us!!

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      January 23, 2021 at 10:36 pm

Awww, such generous feedback, @saga-city ! Thank you! πŸ™‚ I was just telling my hubby that the writing style I find myself using in this serial is different than what I’ve done in many of my previous stories. Because it is very character-intense and I have only one main character right now, I have more opportunity to intensify and enrich the quality of the writing and I am having fun. “Going off the grid…” yeah, I was hoping someone would like that one! There are times that I find myself writing something and thinking, I hope somewhere out there some astute reader will derive a certain measure of pleasure from this particular sentence! πŸ™‚ Sounds like you’re one of those!

Oh, and my Batsheva is just…what should I say? She’s a Pomerantz! πŸ™‚ πŸ’– Baruch Hashem!

• Fiction Fangirl

January 26, 2021 at 4:12 pm

I hope somewhere out there some astute reader will derive a certain measure of pleasure from this particular sentence!<div>

Well, I’ve held onto the 501st issue of Ami Living because this particular line of See You provided great pleasure and I figured it will be a shame to keep it to myself. So here goes!

<div><div>

<i style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;”>Relief! She needed relief of some sort. Wasn’t there a pill you could take? Any spare valium around?

<div>

Ah, Esther… <i style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;”>*shakes head*

<div>

On one hand, I wanna shake her by the shoulders. On the other hand, I’m greatly enjoying witnessing her breakdown. Am I cruel? I hope not!

🀣

</div></div></div></div></div>

• Fiction Fangirl

January 26, 2021 at 4:16 pm

Okay, so the formatting jumped at me again…

• saga-city

January 24, 2021 at 12:40 pm

oh I’m sure Batsheva is as hale and hearty a Pomerantz as ever!! maybe one day I will get to know her better – but the Χ Χ—Χͺ call was in reference to (I quote from your response to fiction fangirl)

“Like there’s this Masterpiece baby I built and love, type of thing…”

• Novice

January 27, 2021 at 12:47 am

Agree with you, Fiction on the half evil joy in watching Esther wrestle her demons πŸ˜‰

Also, Riva, I’ve definitely been savoring some of the awesome sentences and words you used. I especially loved the way this past one ended – with her seeing (ohhhh…is that what the title is hinting at?!) her part in the dynamic with her husband.

I gained some insight and that’s my favorite part of reading!

• Novice

January 27, 2021 at 12:48 am

Hey fiction,

Any progress on solving the Dina Neuman mystery?!

• Fiction Fangirl

January 29, 2021 at 9:05 pm

Hi! No! I am still very much in the dark about Dina Neuman possibly being Rachel Berger and not happy ’bout that at all. No siree. If you’re interested in cracking this case, I am currently looking to recruit someone for the position of Watson.

-Sherlock Holmes

• Fiction Fangirl

March 9, 2021 at 8:08 pm

Lol! I am happy to report that I discovered Rachel Berger’s book (Jamilla) out in stores! Guess who’s up for a fun Pesach read? I unfortunately didn’t receive a magazine copy with the final chapter for the story, so I’ve been in suspense ever since!

• Goldfish

April 14, 2021 at 1:55 am

Hi, first time writing here but I’ve been suspecting for a while that Rachel Berger is Dina Neuman, since I read a short story by Rachel Berger that reminded me of Dina Neuman’s style. Since then, I’ve noticed several “hints” in Dina/Rachel’s writings. Especially since I know for a fact that Dina’s maiden name was Berger.

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      April 14, 2021 at 6:45 am

Hey, @goldfish ! So glad to have you here! With your detective skills, consider hooking up with Sherlock Holmes aka our beloved @fiction-fangirl 🀣. Of course, being that I work for Ami Magazine, I will neither confirm nor deny your theory as to the Dina Neuman-Rachel Berger connection, but I gotta say I’m lovin’ this thread! πŸ˜†

• Fiction Fangirl

April 15, 2021 at 9:06 pm

Hello Goldfish! You’ve swum right into the detectives club! Which is awesome. With the clues you’ve brought to the table, we might solve this mystery sooner than later, all thanks to you!

And Riva, glad your entertained, while I’m not. The suspense is killing me. But I agree with Goldfish, especially after reading Jamilla over Pesach (which was awesome!). “Rachel Berger” thanked Dina Neuman in the intro of her book with a comment of something along the lines of “you know why…”

Regardless of who Rachel Berger really is, can ya please tell Dina Neuman hi for me? #Fangirl moment in its full glory.

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      April 21, 2021 at 9:02 pm

The suspense! I can’t, @fiction-fangirl ! πŸ˜†

• Goldfish

April 15, 2021 at 9:35 pm

I’ve been asking around for a couple of years now, but no one else seemed to have any such suspicions. I also noticed a similar comment (re:Dina Neuman) in the acknowledgements of one of Rachel Berger’s other books. And the Dina Neuman book signing in Just Judgment but I missed the Jamilla by Rachel Berger that you noticed!

Did anyone else notice that during Dina’s recent maternity leave when her weekly short story was on hiatus and “the back page” was supposedly authored by “Dina’s husband”, the Just Judgment column was suddenly written by Judy Jacobs until Dina returned?

• Fiction Fangirl

April 21, 2021 at 7:27 pm

I feel like we’re hot on the heels here πŸ™‚ The Dina Neuman book signing also included Meet the Milsteins, in case you’re curious. Fun fact: Meet the Milsteins is one of the upcoming books said to be released by Menucha Publishers. Yes, I’m that book nerd who checks out the upcoming book releases. I’m supposed to curate my book wish list somehow, right?

As for Dina’s leave and her husband taking her place: I’m still conflicted on that one. If she was the one writing for him, I’m amazed at her ability to split her identity like that. Her voice is so distinct and masking that must’ve taken a lot of effort. LOL, somehow, I’m still convinced it was her husband actually writing the Back Page for her maternity leave, but feel free to provide more evidence to refute my hypothesis!

While we’re on the subject of unearthing the identity of authors, who is REALLY Dov Haller?

🀣

• HappiWriter

April 21, 2021 at 7:29 pm

It’s hard for me to believe Dina’s husband actually imitated her style so well…

Dov Haller is Yisroel Besser!

• Fiction Fangirl

April 21, 2021 at 7:33 pm

He he he, whaddaya know? Am I shocked? No. Am I pleasantly pleased? Yes!

• Fiction Fangirl

April 21, 2021 at 7:33 pm

@happiwriter , welcome to the club!

• HappiWriter

April 21, 2021 at 7:35 pm

😜

• Fiction Fangirl

April 21, 2021 at 7:40 pm

Andddd we have a mascot! I love this little guy 😍

• Rochel L.

May 11, 2021 at 2:52 am

Woah woah woah!!! So Dov Haller is Yisroel Besser!!!

“They” are two of my best writers , I have been savoring “both” of their words for years … and now this!! Woah! This is such a fun shocker, but really it makes SO MUCH SENSE!

• Fiction Fangirl

May 11, 2021 at 10:10 pm

Take your time to take it all in! I kind of had a sneaky suspicion for several years now…and no clue how @happiwriter put two and two together! The Sherlock Holmes Prize shall be awarded to you me dear 🀩.

• Goldfish

April 25, 2021 at 11:55 pm

Who is Shia Moseson? Is it Rabbi Herschel?

• Goldfish

April 29, 2021 at 3:57 am

Auto correct.

I meant Rabbi Heschel

• Fiction Fangirl

April 29, 2021 at 1:39 pm

Not familiar with either πŸ™ Stumped 🧐

• Passionate Pen

April 29, 2021 at 4:33 pm

I just had a blast reading this whole thread!!! HA! We rock!

I hope Dina gets to read all this too.. she should know how many of our minds are occupied with her double ( triple ) identity.

@fictionfangirl love your spunk 😍

• Fiction Fangirl

May 5, 2021 at 12:25 am

Oooh, it would be totally awesome and lovely to have Dina read this thread, because A. it’s fun and B. she’s a fun gal so fun + fun = fun squared in my math book, but I’m terrible at math (as probably mentioned on numerous self-disclosing accounts). But anyway, whether she comes on or not, I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for her work, that’s all.

@passionate-pen , I’m blushing! 😊

• Chaya S

May 11, 2021 at 3:22 am

This thread is ROCKINGGG! I am cracking up🀣

#stalkers!!!!!!!πŸ˜‰ Big time!!!!!!!!

• Fiction Fangirl

May 11, 2021 at 10:14 pm

So now I feel bad cuz stalkers…not something I’d like to be associated with. No siree ma’am. Then again, to say no to this fun is something I cannot resist. Oh well. I guess you can’t have everything πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

• HappiWriter

June 7, 2021 at 2:41 pm

OMG! was just reading “Jamilla” over shabbos. Rachel Berger and Dina Neuman are one and the same. It has to be!!!!

• Fiction Fangirl

June 10, 2021 at 4:53 pm

Dear Watson,

Are you telling me that we getting closer to cracking the code?!

😜🧐

Viewing 1 - 15 of 15 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to content