Home Forums Getting Published: Books & Magazines Does anyone have experience writing for Binah?

• Does anyone have experience writing for Binah?

• HappiWriter

September 2, 2020 at 2:06 pm

Do you?

• Bookworm

September 2, 2020 at 2:17 pm

I once sent in a poem submission. What do you want to know exactly?

• HappiWriter

September 2, 2020 at 5:31 pm

I really want to know what type they are – how open they are to accepting from new people…

• missnistar

October 18, 2020 at 4:18 pm

<p>I’ve been published by them – twice, I think. They published two pieces of fiction that I wrote a few years back. I stopped trying them, though, because I found them to be very loyal to their “headline” writers and not so excited to break in anyone new. I also wasn’t thrilled with the editing process. The first piece they were okay with; my second piece was published with changes that were absolutely not approved by me – like, the title was completely revamped to be a message I didn’t want to portray… I tried submitting once after that, but they didn’t accept.</p>

• Esti G

September 2, 2020 at 9:15 pm

I submitted a poem to Binah about a year ago. This was the first time I sent them a poem, as a new writer to them. They did not accept it 🙁 .

• HappiWriter

September 2, 2020 at 9:55 pm

Oh well… Esti

hope you get published eventually… ☺

• PassionforWriting

September 3, 2020 at 12:59 am

Yup, I also sent one recently and it wasn’t accepted.. From the many poems I’ve sent and read, I got the feeling that they publish poems with a very subtle message…

• HappiWriter

September 3, 2020 at 1:59 am

What about fiction stories?

• Fayge Y.

September 3, 2020 at 2:19 pm

I sent in a poem that was rejected. It might be somewhere else soon. (I didn’t share that info on the appropriate thread. I will when I see it iyH.)

• Esti G

September 3, 2020 at 2:35 pm

I once attended a writing workshop by Yael Mermelstein, where she said (as far as I can remember) that Binah is always looking for quality stories.

She also publicly critiqued a participant’s fiction piece–which was subsequently published in the magazine! (Hey, maybe become friends with an editor first?;))

• HappiWriter

October 13, 2020 at 6:09 pm

<p>What’s their submission email address?</p>

• Chaya’la

October 13, 2020 at 8:06 pm

<p>I’ve been trying to submit to Binah for the longest time. Poems to be specific. No go… Maybe I should get some critique from masterpiece members before submitting.</p>

• PassionforWriting

October 13, 2020 at 8:09 pm

Yeah, I feel like they have a certain style… like their poems have a very subtle, gentle and specific message. I kind of have to read their poems a few times till I get it. But that’s just my experience.

• Fayge Y.

October 15, 2020 at 1:50 pm

<p>The poem I submitted got into the LAF ezine.</p><p>I wouldn’t give up trying to submit poems to Binah if I had something that I felt might fit the bill. Defining the bill is a bit hard though.<br></p><p><br></p>

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content