Home2 Forums Congratulations!! Appreciation for Masterpiece

• Appreciation for Masterpiece

• Jane Whittier

July 1, 2020 at 6:08 am

I’m not good at thank you letters. My husband says that I should polish my thank-you letter style by reading some of the notes that the sem girls put in our guest book. I will try.

It has been a great help to me to have an audience along the way as I write on a topic I find extremely challenging. Yesterday I spent almost the whole day writing, and most of the time I was in tears.  (If those who are following the novella don’t quite see where the tears come in, it is because I have only posted up to Chapter 4 and yesterday I was writing what I think will be Chapter 9.) I joined Masterpiece because I wanted feedback on this book and a push to make progress on it, and this has definitely done the job.  (There will only be about ten or eleven chapters, because this is actually the non-Jewish subplot of a novel in which the main plot involves interactions among chareidi Jews. The main plot, which I started in 2007, was nearly finished, and I was completely stuck on the subplot.) So thank you, Masterpiece community,  and thank you, Riva, for all your dedication. If my foster son, who was once Eddie and is now Jerome, knew about Masterpiece, he would thank you, too, because I think I have finally gotten past my old anger at him and our relationship is much more open.  I am beginning to think that I should have this part of the book translated into Hebrew for him.

Good health to everyone,

Jane

• Brocha

July 1, 2020 at 6:47 am

<3

I am honored and humbled to get to “know” you.

Brocha

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
    July 1, 2020 at 10:03 pm

So now I have tears in my eyes, Jane, and feeling intense gratitude to Hashem for making Masterpiece happen, even if just to help a single, wonderful writer and individual like yourself! I imagine it takes great courage to explore your own journey by writing about it in fiction. I find it fascinating that you are writing about a chareidi couple for the non-Jewish market! Can you tell us how you got a publisher?

Eddie/Jerome is a lucky guy to have a mom like you, that’s all I can say!

And please tell your husband that this thank you note was SUPERB! 🙂

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to content