Home Forums Can I Get Your Feedback? Anonymous Post: Tug of War (Through the Eyes of a Child)

• Anonymous Post: Tug of War (Through the Eyes of a Child)

arty10k updated 4 weeks, 1 day ago 11 Members · 13 Posts
  • riva pomerantz

Administrator
    October 22, 2020 at 9:14 pm

Another of our very talented members asked me to post this amazing poem. The simple, guileless view through a child’s eyes tells us so much more than any “grownup” version. Our wonderful poette says this: “I’m writing from the perspective of a child who is unseen by adults, putting up a ’totally fine’ front but more like falling through the cracks. Maybe it will help people see those that don’t make waves. I wrote it as a release for things I’m working through and I’d love to see if people relate to the words in my inner child, and how much of my journey resonates with others.”Because the formatting issue is not yet completely resolved, I’ve attached this as a picture of a screenshot. A bit primitive, I know, but I hadda get this out there to y’all! 🙂 The title of the poem is Tug of War.

• MH

October 22, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Wow! That’s so true! Ah, thank you for the perspective!

• Anagrammer

October 22, 2020 at 10:33 pm

<p>(For some reason, I can’t reply unless I do it under MH’s…)</p><p>This poem has completely changed my perspective. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Every child I give more attention to because of your poem – it’s your zechus.</p>

• PassionforWriting

October 22, 2020 at 10:50 pm

I’m also replying under MH’s name…That was so painful to read… unfortunately these things happen.. wow… wow (I wish you could see my face as I’m feeling along with you….) “for someone to see me”! Wow, that really hits the spot and is so telling.

• Bookworm

October 22, 2020 at 11:13 pm

I am not a mom yet, but I see with this poem that even though a child seems to do great, you can’t just ignore him and always give attention to the “problematic” ones. Thank you, anonymous, for leading me into a soul who’s suffering in silence!

• Brocha

October 22, 2020 at 11:51 pm

• Elisheva Halle

October 23, 2020 at 1:39 am

<p>Thank you- I have tears in my eyes…I feel the pain of this child so deeply…</p>

• Fiction Fangirl

October 27, 2020 at 12:16 pm

<p>Perfectly publishable material. I love the repetition throughout- it accurately reflects the voice of a child.</p><p>I can see this fit the Binah chinuch section.</p>

• Drop-a-line

October 27, 2020 at 1:13 pm

<p><br></p>❤❤❤<p>So painful, evocative, expressive. And so true.<br>Yes, even straight A students may need your help.</p><p>BRILLIANT what should I say.<br>And definitely something I should keep in mind in my field of work with struggling kids.</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• Sherry

October 27, 2020 at 2:41 pm

<p>Wow! Wow! Wow!</p><p>What an incredible piece!</p><p>I love how you end – ‘But I hope you win’. </p><p>So important to remember in the game of tug – listen to your child’s inner cries, not to the words s/he says!</p><p>We have to keep giving, giving, giving. Giving up isn’t giving. Giving in isn’t giving.</p><p>Thanks, MH. Love.</p>

• Anagrammer

October 27, 2020 at 2:44 pm

<p>”Giving up isn’t giving. Giving in isn’t giving.” Wow. I needed to hear that :)</p>

• Sherry

October 27, 2020 at 2:44 pm

<p>Oops, thanks to AP!</p><p>(MH, I love your writings too. 😉 )</p>

• arty10k

October 28, 2020 at 5:55 pm

this poem should be a classic! Wow!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info