Home Forums Showcase: Your Best Work! Anonymous Post: Mind Controlled REFORMATTED

• Anonymous Post: Mind Controlled REFORMATTED

Drop-a-line updated 1 month ago 10 Members · 12 Posts
  • riva pomerantz

Administrator
    October 22, 2020 at 7:38 am

This poem needs no introduction, but anyone who has encountered mental illness, whether themselves or with a loved one, will be blown away by the power of this piece. Thank you to a special member for gifting us with this piece anonymously.

• Anagrammer

October 22, 2020 at 1:43 pm

<p>Wow. </p><p>The rhythm, the depth of emotion…. </p>

• Fiction Fangirl

October 22, 2020 at 2:36 pm

<p>I proclaim this shall be published sooner than later. It’s the perfect length, the perfect rhythm, and the perfect feel. I can see it fit in the Wellsprings magazine.</p>

• riva pomerantz

Administrator
      October 25, 2020 at 9:21 am

Great idea, FF! That would actually be a fantastic place to pitch to. I’m sure the OAP is reading this feedback and I hope she’ll send it in. 👍

• Rochel Solomon

October 22, 2020 at 4:13 pm

Wow I love the raw emotion in this poem. I also think this can relate to anyone in the world who doesn’t particularly feel like themselves. For anyone suffering with mental illness, this is a memorable piece that really gives an inner view of the internal conflicts and struggles. Excellent piece!

• Mali

October 22, 2020 at 4:14 pm

Anonymous, your words are so vivid, I can see you sitting with your hands on your head, sweating, breathing hard, trying to get the monster out.

• Sherry

October 22, 2020 at 5:24 pm

<p>Poetic Brilliance!</p>

• Elisheva Halle

October 23, 2020 at 1:49 am

<p>(I can only post my reply under Mali for some reason…)</p><p>Love this, love this imagery of mental illness being a prisoner of your own mind…how true…</p>

• Chaya’la

October 23, 2020 at 4:54 pm

<p>”mind-boggling”! Thank you for taking the courage to share. May you see Hashem’s hand in every step of your journey….</p>

• PassionforWriting

October 23, 2020 at 5:05 pm

Yup, I feel the same way as I’m currently struggling too 🙁 Thank you Riva for posting this and taking away the stigma of mental illness. I wanted to say that I didn’t imagine that Masterpeice would include mental illness – why would they… but I am time and again so amazed at everyone’s openness, warmth, non-judgmental (ism) and just how everyone is so accepting. Heart

• Drop-a-line

October 26, 2020 at 6:40 pm

<p>Dear anonymous poster,</p><p>All I can say WOW.<br>Your poem is full of emotion and expression I could nearly touch.<br>I’ve read it and reread it and then come right back to read it once again!<br></p><p>May you find the strength to direct your own mind to whichever great place it will lead you, though just the fact that you can ‘throw yourself in His hands’ is an admirably big step.<br>Know- you’re not alone, there are so many people who struggle like this but lack the courage to speak out like you just did.</p><p>And please do share more of your writing!!!!</p><p><br></p><p>A sincere fan,</p><p>Drop-a-line</p><p><br></p>

• Drop-a-line

October 26, 2020 at 6:48 pm

<p>Formatting is not working, I’ll try it like this:</p><p><br></p>

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

RELAX. ENJOY.

Send me the
event info

Skip to content