Home2 Forums Can I Get Your Feedback? Personal Mental Health Article Reply To: Personal Mental Health Article

• PassionforWriting

June 30, 2020 at 11:45 pm

Thank you both to Elisheva and Fayge!

I really appreciate your (gentle) feedback and I do agree with switching it to “could”s and that less words make it sound solid and better.

I also really liked both suggestions of making it into a short story or using dialogue. I’m not so familiar with writing short stories, so I’m wondering how long you would say it should be.

And yes, Elisheva, your words really resonate with me. I actually did tell one colleague about my experiences, and she took it so well; so nonjudgmental and so warm! I felt so cared for (because my tears were threatening to come out). If I remember correctly, I submitted it to the Ami magazine.

While we’re at it, I’m noticing (for a while already) that I confuse my verb tenses and am often not sure which tense to use. Like for example, on the second line, I wrote “I really appreciated your (gentle) feedback..”, should appreciate be in past tense as in ‘appreciated’ or ‘appreciate’ as in present tense? And the same with the 2nd line – I also really liked...

Thank you so much!

Skip to content