Home2 Forums Can I Get Your Feedback? …my book… Reply To: …my book…

• Baila

June 26, 2020 at 2:45 pm

In my opinion – and anyone else with different ideas please feel free to chime in – there are different types of writing.  There is writing for ourselves and writing for other people.  Diary type writing gives a look into people’s lives and is very raw.  Think Anne Frank.  I don’t think, that if she had lived she would have wanted her writing published.

Some of the best books I have ever read are based on diaries.  But they are written further down the road. People document their lives and then a few years later go back.  My sense from things you have written is that the story is pretty new.

In terms of publishing under a pen name.  As I understand, (I haven’t published a book, just watched lots of friends do it) when you publish a book, you have to market the book if you want to sell it.  Which means that you need to talk about it, which means that people will eventually know who you are.

Masterpiece is a perfect place to keep writing.  If you need people to read what you are writing – a real and normal need, there is a super group of women who are reading and commenting and listening and encouraging.

That is a big part of why Riva made the space.  Because writing can be lonely.  Keep going.

Skip to content