Home2 Forums Can I Get Your Feedback? The Art of Creating- Short Poem Reply To: The Art of Creating- Short Poem

• A Willing Pen

June 14, 2020 at 6:29 pm

Hi, Elisheva –  I understand a bit of what you mean by poetry feeling like “ruach hakodesh”, as it can be an expression of soul which is timeless and G-dly. I was wondering why you chose to showcase your poem in the “feedback” section if you are happy with it the way it is and don’t want it changed. If it’s “kodesh”, then what will feedback do for you if it is not just accolades? Maybe it belongs in the showcase section?

Actually, your poem itself expresses the pain of not wanting to let go of any parts of the process of creating. The act of creating is very precious. A separate preciousness is the act of editing and cutting out what is not needed. Sometimes there may even be spelling errors that need correcting. Editing is what give the piece a beautiful frame with an appeal that keeps the reader in mind, much as a hair trim does with beautiful pieces of hair that drop to the floor and allows the face to be seen and appreciated by others.

Skip to content