Home2 Forums Introduce Yourself Introduction Reply To: Introduction

• Fiction Fangirl

May 22, 2020 at 2:26 am

Pickupapen, can you lend your magic potion for being able to fathom writing for hours and hours on end without stopping?  Because the only time I word-vomited ten pages was like?  Only once?  And my hand hurt real bad so I had to stop?  You’re a fire, gal.  Glad you’re here to share your energy and enthusiasm with this group!

I can say I write for myself but then there’s this part in me who would love to share my stuff with others.  Is it a need for acknowledgment?  An authentic pleasure in watching others enjoy quality literature (I wish!)?  Are you trying to share a message, teach a lesson to the world, or inspire others?  Do you write as a cathartic release?

Seems like it’s best to adjust ‘submission guidelines’ according to the audience.

Have you considered the possibility of self-publishing your work?  Not speaking out of experience here but I assume you don’t have to adhere to restrictive guidelines outlined by frum publishers who need to cater to the sensitive needs of the frum oilam?  Anyone mind jumping in here?

Skip to content